About the Role
Zero Hash is seeking a Product Counsel to help shape the legal and product strategy for the leading cryptocurrency settlement infrastructure. We are seeking a smart, driven individual with experience tackling problems across a variety of legal disciplines, including contract law, IP, financial services regulation, and employment law. We are a high performing team looking for an equally ambitious teammate.
- Advising product, engineering, IT, business development, marketing, and other teams on issues related to product development and commercialization, including compliance with laws and regulations on privacy, data security, marketing, consumer protection, risk management, and partner relations
- Managing various contracts including, user and services agreements, terms of service, licensing agreements, and commercial contracts
- Researching a range of novel legal questions and distilling findings to advise internal stakeholders
- Collaborating with in-house and outside counsel to research complex legal and regulatory issues
- Building relationships with outside counsel, partners, and regulators in furtherance of driving business goals
- J.D. degree, with 4+ years of relevant legal experience at top law firm, government agency, or in-house legal department, preferably within a fast-growing startup
- Admitted and in good standing with a state bar or the District of Columbia, preferably Illinois or eligible to register as in-house counsel in Illinois
- Familiarity with state and federal consumer financial services laws and regulations, including data security and privacy laws
- Strong interest in new and emerging technologies, particularly blockchain and cryptocurrencies
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work across functions and consult with technology development teams
- Strong project-management skills, with attention to detail
- Experience in financial services, particularly with money transmitters and cryptocurrency firms
- Experience developing compliance programs and advising on such
- Experience with data privacy regulations, including GDPR, GLBA, and CPRA
- Arbitration, alternative dispute resolution, and customer complaint resolutions experience
- Experience drafting and managing terms of service
We believe that the best way to succeed is by having a happy, motivated and healthy team. We offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare Insurance: Zero Hash covers roughly 100% of employee premiums
- Mental health and wellness program
- Equity ownership
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- Visa sponsorship
About Zero Hash
Zero Hash is backed by Struck Capital, Bain Capital, TradeStation and tastyworks. Zero Hash’s mission is to empower innovators by delivering access to the financial system 2.0. Zero Hash enables developers and businesses to focus on building experiences and products. We power your favorite brokerage app or neo bank to offer BTC, provide the rails to the 2.0 payment processors, give platforms the ability to facilitate instantaneous cross border payments and eliminate complexity for moving assets for the world’s largest liquidity providers.
Zero Hash provides the complete turnkey solution to allow platforms to launch digital assets and own the client experience, without any regulatory overhead and a light technical lift (a matter of API endpoints). Zero Hash’s clients include Neo-banks, broker dealers (and payment groups. Zero Hash is a FinCen-registered Money Service Business as well as a regulated Money Transmitter that can operate in 51 US jurisdictions. Zero Hash is also regulated as a Canadian MSB.
Zero Hash was voted Innovator of the Year by the 2019 Profit & Loss Readers Choice Awards.
The Zero Hash Culture
All Zero Hash employees are guided by the following characteristics and core principles:
- Independence - an ability to work alone. There is no micromanaging here. Join Seed, pitch ideas and shape the work you do. You will be given responsibility from day one.
- Vision - an ability to see the broader picture. We are innovating quickly and challenging the status quo. Seeing where we fit in is critical in making it a reality.
- Positivity - a good attitude and respect for others. We’re teammates, not co-workers.
- Ambition - an ability and a passion for learning and getting things done. We will champion you, challenge you, and push you to achieve your best – and we expect the same in return.
- Empathy - an ability to understand the customer. We do not build products for industry, but with industry. Learn our markets and speak to our end-users.
- Adaptability - an ability to respond quickly. We are in a fast-paced industry and so we expect you to be creative when solving a new problem and comfortable under pressure.