About the Role:
Zero Hash is looking for an experienced and passionate Security Analyst to join our Security team. In this role, your passion for Security Detection will be used to continue to improve the monitoring and analytical capabilities of security for our Infrastructure and development as well as collaborate across the organization to continue to drive a mentality of, “Security being a team effort.”
What you will do:
- Take an active role as co-owner of security services to ensure they are built, maintained, and operated with security in mind
- Develop and implement security controls and measures in collaboration with technical owners.
- Be part of the risk management team by implementing measurements to Risks to support the Risk Management Program.
- Assist in the development and implementation of security procedures, and controls (e.g., user log-on and authentication rules, security breach escalation procedures, security auditing procedures and use of firewalls and encryption routines) and investigate possible security exceptions.
- Prepare status reports on security matters to develop security risk analysis scenarios and response procedures.
- Evaluate products and procedures to enhance security and improve end user productivity and effectiveness.
- Provide direct support to the business and IT staff for security related issues. Educate IT and the business about security policies and consults on security issues regarding user built/managed systems.
- Represent the security needs of the organization by providing security expertise and assistance in IT projects.
- Provide educational resources about security policies and consult on security issues regarding user built or managed systems.
- Experience working as a Cyber Security Analyst, Security Operations Analyst OR SOC Analyst would be highly preferable.
- Incident response and investigations experience.
- Threat hunting, threat research and threat intelligence skills.
- Vulnerability assessments.
- Analyzing SIEM and other security tool events.
- Strong understanding of networking technology.
- As much experience across the following technologies: EDR, Anti-Virus, Firewall, Network protocols, Linux security events, Phishing mitigation, WireShark
- Familiarity with the following: Permissions management, DLP, IAM, VPN, Python (or any high-level programming language).
Projects you might work on:
- Serve as Blue team responder in pen-testing exercises.
- Help us build features that will protect our customers
- Working closely with development and infrastructure teams to find opportunity to see more of the environment.
- Implementing and integrating new security tools and technologies.
- Assist in testing and validating controls as part of our Information Security program
- Integrate additional security checkpoints into our internal Processes.
- Create forensic tooling and capabilities for detection and alerting of irregular and/or anomalous internal activities
We believe that the best way to succeed is by having a happy, motivated and healthy team. We offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare Insurance: Zero Hash covers roughly 100% of employee premiums
- Mental health and wellness program
- Equity ownership
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- Visa sponsorship
About Zero Hash:
Zero Hash is backed by Struck Capital, Bain Capital, TradeStation and tastyworks. Zero Hash’s mission is to empower innovators by delivering access to the financial system 2.0. Zero Hash enables developers and businesses to focus on building experiences and products. We power your favorite brokerage app or neo bank to offer BTC, provide the rails to the 2.0 payment processors, give platforms the ability to facilitate instantaneous cross border payments and eliminate complexity for moving assets for the world’s largest liquidity providers.
The Zero Hash Culture:
All Zero Hash employees are guided by the following characteristics and core principles:
- Independence - an ability to work alone. There is no micromanaging here. Join Zero Hash, pitch ideas and shape the work you do. You will be given responsibility from day one.
- Vision - an ability to see the broader picture. We are innovating quickly and challenging the status quo. Seeing where we fit in is critical in making it a reality.
- Positivity - a good attitude and respect for others. We’re teammates, not co-workers.
- Ambition - an ability and a passion for learning and getting things done. We will champion you, challenge you, and push you to achieve your best – and we expect the same in return.
- Empathy - an ability to understand the customer. We do not build products for industry, but with industry. Learn our markets and speak to our end-users.
- Adaptability - an ability to respond quickly. We are in a fast-paced industry and so we expect you to be creative when solving a new problem and comfortable under pressure.