About the Company
Zero Hash is a B2B embedded infrastructure platform that enables any company to integrate digital assets natively into their own customer experience quickly and easily (a matter of API endpoints). We power neo-banks, broker-dealers, and payment groups to offer digital asset trading and custody, crypto-backed rewards and round-ups programs as well as yield through staking and DeFi, and NFTs.
Our thesis is very simple: every financial services firm will offer digital assets within the next few years and many will do so through platforms such as Zero Hash. Zero Hash is defining the new FinTech vertical of digital-assets-as-a-service.
Clients include Interactive Brokers, IG Group, MoneyLion, Wirex, Deserve, MoonPay and tastytrade. Backed by Point72 Ventures, NYCA and Bain Capital.
About the Role
As EU Non-Executive Director you’ll be involved in overseeing Zero Hash’s development across the EU and have the opportunity to work at the forefront of fintech and crypto innovation. You’ll be supporting our executive team in defining our EU strategy as well as expanding our reach across the region. Where possible you’ll be advising on regulatory matters and supporting our engagement with the Netherlands regulator and further European regulators as we expand geographically.
- Chair Zero Hash Board in a non executive capacity
- Support Zero Hash in its expansion into the EU market through connections to fintechs and/or traditional financial institutions
- Advise on regulatory matters and on Zero Hash’s engagement with the Dutch Authority for the Financial Markets and other European regulators as we expand.
- Ensure board establishes clear objectives and review performance against these objectives
- Support and challenge management and executive directors constructively on difficult issues
- Assist in setting and reviewing of strategy and objectives
- Experience as a board member or executive team member at a leading fintech or traditional financial institution
- Deep understanding of the EU fintech industry both in terms of existing players and regulatory landscape
- Good understanding of corporate governance, finance and risk management in similar sized fintech/crypto companies
- Ability to engage constructively with senior management and to challenge on difficult issues in a non confrontational way
- Experience or knowledge of the crypto landscape is a bonus
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
The Zero Hash Culture
All Zero Hash employees are guided by the following characteristics and core principles:
- Independence/Ownership - An ability to work autonomously. Join Zero Hash, pitch ideas, and shape the work you do.
- Passion - We are innovating quickly and challenging the status quo. We want you to think big, be creative and make a difference every day.
- Collaborative - A good attitude and respect for others. We’re teammates, not co-workers. Everything we do is a shared success and equally a shared failure - we talk in terms of “we” not “me”.
- Initiative - An ability and passion for learning and asking questions. We will champion you, challenge you and push you to achieve your best - and we expect you to do the same.
- Empathy - An ability to listen, respect and understand your co-workers, customers and everyone you interact with no matter how different they are to you. We are proud of our diversity.
- Adaptability - An ability to respond quickly. We are in a fast-paced industry and so we expect you to be creative when solving a new problem and comfortable under pressure.
- Transparency - We believe that transparency is critical to empowering everyone to make the best decisions, both the company to its people and vice versa. Both as an organization and as individuals, we need to admit mistakes and learn from them.
- Integrity - Integrity creates trust. As both an organization collectively and as individuals, it is our most valuable asset.