About the Role
Zero Hash is looking for an experienced data engineer to help build out their new reporting suite. You will be significantly helping multiple business unit’s such as Finance, Accounting, Compliance, and Sales by automating data retrieval and providing an elegant self-service reporting suite.
The right candidate for this position is detail oriented, deeply technical, and driven. You are eager to learn new technologies and complex systems. You build resiliency and scalability into the platform at every step.
If you're looking to have a massive impact in a high-growth startup in one of the most exciting markets in decades, you will find this role challenging and rewarding in equal measure.
- Support the company’s vital business by providing a self-service reporting tool
- Work with platform engineers to setup new services
- Respond to production issues and alerts
- 5-7 years of experience, preferably in the FinTech space
- A humble and scrappy get-it-done mindset; you’re resourceful and in your element going from 0 to 1
- Excellent problem solving skills - can troubleshoot complex systems
- Deep proficiency in Python, SQL, Redshift, AWS
- Experience with data warehousing solutions
- Experience building ETL pipelines
- Experience with data streaming solutions
- Comfort with ambiguity; the ability to independently lay out and test clear hypotheses and solve problems without well-defined direction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelors in computer science or equivalent experience
- Experience with the SciPy stack, specifically Pandas
- Experience at a banking-as-a-service, brokerage-as a service, payment-as-a-service business
- Experience with creating and maintaining data pipelines
- Experience with digital assets
- An understanding around financial services reconciliation tools
We believe that the best way to succeed is by having a happy, motivated and healthy team. We offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare Insurance: Zero Hash covers roughly 100% of employee premiums
- Mental health and wellness program
- Equity ownership
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- Visa sponsorship
About Zero Hash
Zero Hash is backed by Struck Capital, Bain Capital, TradeStation and tastyworks. Zero Hash’s mission is to empower innovators by delivering access to the financial system 2.0. Zero Hash enables developers and businesses to focus on building experiences and products. We power your favorite brokerage app or neo bank to offer BTC, provide the rails to the 2.0 payment processors, give platforms the ability to facilitate instantaneous cross border payments and eliminate complexity for moving assets for the world’s largest liquidity providers.
The Zero Hash Culture
All Zero Hash employees are guided by the following characteristics and core principles:
- Independence - an ability to work alone. There is no micromanaging here. Join Seed, pitch ideas and shape the work you do. You will be given responsibility from day one.
- Vision - an ability to see the broader picture. We are innovating quickly and challenging the status quo. Seeing where we fit in is critical in making it a reality.
- Positivity - a good attitude and respect for others. We’re teammates, not co-workers.
- Ambition - an ability and a passion for learning and getting things done. We will champion you, challenge you, and push you to achieve your best – and we expect the same in return.
- Empathy - an ability to understand the customer. We do not build products for industry, but with industry. Learn our markets and speak to our end-users.
- Adaptability - an ability to respond quickly. We are in a fast-paced industry and so we expect you to be creative when solving a new problem and comfortable under pressure.