AML/KYC Onboarding Analyst
Zero Hash is a Trailblazing company that facilitates the storage of digital assets, on and off-chain settlement, and verifiable proof of assets for transactions. Zero Hash is a FinCEN-registered Money Service Business as well as a regulated Money Transmitter that can operate in more than 45 states. Zero Hash also holds a virtual currency license from NYDFS.
About the Job: The Onboarding Analysts primary responsibility will be identity verification of individuals and entity customers. This includes reviewing documentation for validity and using other sources to verify supplied information/documents to ensure compliance of internal policy and regulatory requirements.
- Perform client due diligence and KYC screening on new and existing customers for the various business units
- Guide internal business units in preparing the KYC packages and new onboarding requests
- Review and process watch list filtering and negative news alerts that are generated as part of customer onboarding
- Actively participate and contribute to projects and other assigned tasks
- Work with different teams including business units leaders, surveillance, compliance, and technology.
- Conducts research via online tools to identify applicant entity and beneficial owners.
- Identify potential KYC concerns and escalate to AML manager during the onboarding and ongoing review process
- Responsible for the KYC processing of new clients forms and maintaining reference databases with completed records and information.
- Conduct KYC due diligence searches and perform reviews for new and existing customers of Zero Hash and its affiliates.
- Respond to requests for information regarding appropriate KYC documentation.
- Identify potential areas for improved processing and automation of manual processes wherever possible.
- Escalating to management on clients identified as High Risk or where material adverse information has been identified.
- Accurately risk assess new and existing clients, resolving issues where appropriate
- Assists in the development and improvement of policies and procedures for the team
- Assist with ad-hoc projects and reviews as needed
- College degree with strong academic credentials
- 0+ years of AML experience
- Hardworking and driven
- Strong time management skills and ability to execute tasks within tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with colleagues across regions and business units
- Ability to multi-task effectively maintain attention detail
- Excellent time management and organizational skill
- Crypto experience a plus
- ACAMS certification a plus
- Experience with MSB’s a plus
- Proficiency in Excel, including pivot tables and Vlookups a plus
We believe that the best way to succeed is by having a happy, motivated and healthy team. We offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare Insurance: Zero Hash covers roughly 100% of employee premiums
- Mental health and wellness program
- Chance to earn equity
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- Visa sponsorship
About Zero Hash:
Zero Hash is backed by Point 72, Bain Capital, NYCA and IG Group and others. Zero Hash’s mission is to empower innovators by delivering access to the financial system 2.0. Zero Hash enables developers and businesses to focus on building experiences and products. We power your favorite brokerage app or neo bank to offer BTC, provide the rails to the 2.0 payment processors, give platforms the ability to facilitate instantaneous cross border payments and eliminate complexity for moving assets for the world’s largest liquidity providers.
The Zero Hash Culture
All Zero Hash employees are guided by the following characteristics and core principles:
- Independence - an ability to work alone. There is no micromanaging here. Join Zero Hash, pitch ideas and shape the work you do. You will be given responsibility from day one.
- Vision - an ability to see the broader picture. We are innovating quickly and challenging the status quo. Seeing where we fit in is critical in making it a reality.
- Positivity - a good attitude and respect for others. We’re teammates, not co-workers.
- Ambition - an ability and a passion for learning and getting things done. We will champion you, challenge you, and push you to achieve your best – and we expect the same in return.
- Empathy - an ability to understand the customer. We do not build products for industry, but with industry. Learn our markets and speak to our end-users.
- Adaptability - an ability to respond quickly. We are in a fast-paced industry and so we expect you to be creative when solving a new problem and comfortable under pressure.