Zero Hash is a Trailblazing company that facilitates the storage of digital assets, on and off-chain settlement, and verifiable proof of assets for transactions. Zero Hash is a FinCEN-registered Money Service Business as well as a regulated Money Transmitter that can operate in more than 45 states. Zero Hash also holds a virtual currency license from NYDFS.
About the Job:
The position entails drafting and updating compliance policies and training relating to the sanctions compliance program. The other core responsibilities of the role include the following:
- Manage the client onboarding process including: prepare and submit Client Due Diligence files (KYC), ensure accuracy of the information, gather and research information on clients to enrich requests (beneficial owners and other client intelligence)
- Act as a KYC and AML subject matter expert for all operations related queries
- Partner with the client facing teams to collect required legal documents and associated information to meet all regulatory and internal polices
- Support front office with onboarding new clients as well as periodic reviews of existing clients
- Keep abreast of regulatory and legal initiatives, highlighting significant AML/KYC/sanctions compliance issues and advising on implications of changes in regulation to the On-boarding process
- Development and enhancement of the KYC EDD and Sanctions compliance program
- Maintaining effective practices and procedures for sanctions screening.
- Ensuring full adherence to the Zero Hash procedures and operating manuals
- Assisting with periodic review and updating of the policies, procedures and operating manuals
- Assisting during regulatory exams and internal audits by supplying information in a timely and accurate manner
- Keeping abreast of regulatory changes, industry best practices, and recommend changes to enhance procedures
- Developing positive and professional working relationship with other teams
- Performing adhoc tasks as assigned
- Experience with drafting policies and procedures
- The ease to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic environment and be able to meet strict deliverable deadlines
- The ability to be a proactive learner and eager to advance professional skills
- Strong project management and execution skills.
We are looking for an applicant who possess 4 Year Bachelor's Degree with strong academic credentials. and 5+ years of Financial Services experience. Successful candidates will show an ability to take ownership over projects and teams and a high aptitude for problem solving.
- Proven people management/leadership experience
- Previous experience fulfilling regulatory examination and audit requests
- Proven knowledge of the operation and/or control environment at financial institutions strongly preferred.
- 2+ experience in AML/ KYC is required
- Client On-boarding and/or documentation analysis experience required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Hardworking and driven
- Strong time management skills and ability to execute tasks within tight deadlines
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues across regions and business units
- Ability to multi-task effectively maintain attention detail
- Crypto experience a plus
- ACAMS certification a plus
- Experience with MSB’s, especially money transmitters, a plus
- Proficiency in Excel, including pivot tables and Vlookups, preferred
We believe that the best way to succeed is by having a happy, motivated and healthy team. We offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare Insurance: Zero Hash covers roughly 100% of employee premiums
- Mental health and wellness program
- Chance to earn equity
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- Visa sponsorship
About Zero Hash:
Zero Hash is backed by Struck Capital, Bain Capital, TradeStation and tastyworks. Zero Hash’s mission is to empower innovators by delivering access to the financial system 2.0. Zero Hash enables developers and businesses to focus on building experiences and products. We power your favorite brokerage app or neo bank to offer BTC, provide the rails to the 2.0 payment processors, give platforms the ability to facilitate instantaneous cross border payments and eliminate complexity for moving assets for the world’s largest liquidity providers.
The Zero Hash Culture
All Zero Hash employees are guided by the following characteristics and core principles:
- Independence - an ability to work alone. There is no micromanaging here. Join Seed, pitch ideas and shape the work you do. You will be given responsibility from day one.
- Vision - an ability to see the broader picture. We are innovating quickly and challenging the status quo. Seeing where we fit in is critical in making it a reality.
- Positivity - a good attitude and respect for others. We’re teammates, not co-workers.
- Ambition - an ability and a passion for learning and getting things done. We will champion you, challenge you, and push you to achieve your best – and we expect the same in return.
- Empathy - an ability to understand the customer. We do not build products for industry, but with industry. Learn our markets and speak to our end-users.
- Adaptability - an ability to respond quickly. We are in a fast-paced industry and so we expect you to be creative when solving a new problem and comfortable under pressure.