About the Role:
Zero Hash is looking for an experienced and passionate Security Engineer to join our Infrastructure team. In this role, your passion for Security will be used to continue to improve the security of our Infrastructure as well as collaborate across the organization to continue to drive a mentality of, “Security being a team effort.”
What you will do:
- Take an active role as co-owner of production services to ensure they are built, maintained, and operated with security in mind
- Develop and implement solutions to improve or maintain the security of our applications, network, and end-user workstations
- Be part of the successful delivery of new features and services, as well as the day-to-day operations of existing services
- Collaborate with Software Engineering to identify and help minimize code and software vulnerabilities
- Collaborate across the organization to determine security risks and recommend solutions to minimize risks
- Get your hands dirty managing and improving our security operations tooling and architecture
- You have extensive experience deploying, managing, securing and troubleshooting infrastructure in AWS
- Understanding of best practices in security engineering, including secure development, cryptography, network security, security operations, systems security, policy, and incident response.
- Understanding of security vulnerabilities, attacker exploit techniques, and methods for their remediation.
- Extreme comfort at the Linux command line
- Experience with common security monitoring, log analysis and forensic tools
- Understanding of blockchain technology, signing, encryption and common attacks
- When the perfect tool wasn’t available you wrote one yourself and taught others how to use it
- You love Infrastructure as Code
- You can automate routine tasks and are proficient in at least two programming languages
- You have fantastic communication skills in both spoken and written forms to explain complex ideas to various audiences
- You thrive in an environment where collaboration and communication are paramount but are able to solve problems on your own
Projects you might work on:
- Write code and develop systems and tools to improve Zero Hash security
- Help us build features that will protect our customers
- Perform security assessments, working closely with development teams on identifying security issues in their code and finding solutions to provide required functionality securely
- Work on sensitive security and blockchain-related issues, including securing blockchain transactions and personal information
- Assist in testing and validating controls as part of our Information Security program
- Integrate additional security checkpoints into our CI/CD pipelines
- Create forensic tooling and capabilities for detection and alerting of irregular and/or anomalous internal activities
We believe that the best way to succeed is by having a happy, motivated and healthy team. We offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare Insurance: Zero Hash covers roughly 100% of employee premiums
- Mental health and wellness program
- Equity ownership
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- Visa sponsorship
About Zero Hash:
Zero Hash is backed by Struck Capital, Bain Capital, TradeStation and tastyworks. Zero Hash’s mission is to empower innovators by delivering access to the financial system 2.0. Zero Hash enables developers and businesses to focus on building experiences and products. We power your favorite brokerage app or neo bank to offer BTC, provide the rails to the 2.0 payment processors, give platforms the ability to facilitate instantaneous cross border payments and eliminate complexity for moving assets for the world’s largest liquidity providers.
The Zero Hash Culture:
All Zero Hash employees are guided by the following characteristics and core principles:
- Independence - an ability to work alone. There is no micromanaging here. Join Zero Hash, pitch ideas and shape the work you do. You will be given responsibility from day one.
- Vision - an ability to see the broader picture. We are innovating quickly and challenging the status quo. Seeing where we fit in is critical in making it a reality.
- Positivity - a good attitude and respect for others. We’re teammates, not co-workers.
- Ambition - an ability and a passion for learning and getting things done. We will champion you, challenge you, and push you to achieve your best – and we expect the same in return.
- Empathy - an ability to understand the customer. We do not build products for industry, but with industry. Learn our markets and speak to our end-users.
- Adaptability - an ability to respond quickly. We are in a fast-paced industry and so we expect you to be creative when solving a new problem and comfortable under pressure.