About the Role
Zero Hash is looking for an experienced and passionate Front-End engineer to help develop functional and appealing applications. The breadth of your product responsibilities will be our website, client-facing web portal, and suite of internal web apps.
We are a high-performing team looking for an equally ambitious and driven teammate. The right candidate for this role has a deep understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development, and deployment as well as some back-end knowledge. You have a keen eye for design and customer experience. You are able to communicate effectively with other team members and solve problems with important customers. If you're looking to have a massive impact in a high-growth startup in one of the most exciting markets in decades you will find this role challenging and rewarding in equal measure.
Please note that this is for a 6 month contract.
About Zero Hash:
Zero Hash is a B2B embedded infrastructure platform that allows any platform to integrate digital assets natively into their own customer experience quickly and easily (a matter of API endpoints). We power neo-banks, broker-dealers, and payment groups to offer digital asset trading and custody, crypto-backed rewards and round-ups programs as well as yield through staking and DeFi and NFTs. Zero Hash is a FinCen-registered Money Service Business as well as a regulated Money Transmitter that can operate in 51 US jurisdictions. Zero Hash is also regulated as a Canadian MSB.
Our thesis is very simple: every financial services firm will offer digital assets within the next 2 years and will do so through platforms such as Zero Hash. Zero Hash is defining the new FinTech vertical of digital-assets-as-a-service.
Clients include MoneyLion, Wirex, Deserve, MoonPay, tastytrade, Drivewealth. Backed by Point72 Ventures, NYCA, Bain Capital, tastytrade.
- Support the company’s vital business by structuring and designing the webpages
- Build UI enhancements
- Optimize Web pages for maximum speed and scalability
- Assist back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Maintain brand consistency throughout the design
- Inspire the overall company for product excellence through your work as a thought leader and mentor
- 5+ years of experience, preferably in the fintech space
- Deep proficiency in Typescript and React
- Professional experience developing Mobile Apps
- Solid understanding of key design principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A humble and scrappy get-it-done mindset; you’re resourceful and in your element going from 0 to 100.
- Comfort with ambiguity; the ability to independently layout and test clear hypotheses, and solve problems without well-defined direction.
- Bachelors in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Experience at a banking-as-a-service, brokerage-as-a-service,payment-as-a-service business.
- Experience with digital assets preferred, but not required
The Zero Hash Culture
All Zero Hash employees are guided by the following characteristics and core principles:
- Independence/Ownership - An ability to work autonomously. Join Zero Hash, pitch ideas, and shape the work you do.
- Passion - We are innovating quickly and challenging the status quo. We want you to think big, be creative and make a difference every day.
- Collaborative - A good attitude and respect for others. We’re teammates, not co-workers. Everything we do is a shared success and equally a shared failure - we talk in terms of “we” not “me”.
- Initiative - An ability and passion for learning and asking questions. We will champion you, challenge you and push you to achieve your best - and we expect you to do the same.
- Empathy - An ability to listen, respect, and understand your co-workers, customers, and everyone you interact with no matter how different they are to you.
- Adaptability - An ability to respond quickly. We are in a fast-paced industry and so we expect you to be creative when solving a new problem and comfortable under pressure.
- Transparency - We believe that transparency is critical to empowering everyone to make the best decisions, both the company to its people and vice versa.
- Integrity - Integrity creates trust. As both an organization collectively and as individuals, it is our most valuable asset.