About the Role:
Zero Hash is looking for an experienced and passionate Security Administrator to join our Security team. In this role, your passion for Security Operations will be used to continue to improve the process and operational capabilities of security for our Infrastructure and development as well as collaborate across the organization to continue to drive a mentality of, “Security being a team effort.”
What you will do:
- Take an active role as co-owner of security operations to ensure they are built, maintained, and operated with security, efficiency and effectiveness in mind
- Perform and troubleshoot Identity and Access Management operations and help implement new permissions patterns to improve efficiency of the program.
- Be part of the risk management team by tracking processes through completion to support the Risk Management Program.
- Assist in the development and implementation of security procedures, and controls (e.g., user log-on and authentication rules, security breach escalation procedures, security auditing procedures and use of firewalls and encryption routines) and investigate possible security exceptions.
- Respect the confidentiality and sensitivity of security information and documentation.
- Evaluate products and procedures to enhance security and improve end user productivity and effectiveness.
- Provide direct support to the business and IT staff for security related issues. Educate IT and the business about security policies and consults on security issues regarding user built/managed systems.
- Represent the security needs of the organization by providing security expertise and assistance in IT projects.
- Provide educational resources about security policies and consult on security issues regarding user built or managed systems.
- Experience working as a Security, Helpdesk, or IT Support Administrator.
- Experience working through ticketing and project management systems.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to execute process and follow through on tasks.
- Good Organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills with multiple priorities under tight deadlines.
- Ability to articulate ideas in a business friendly and user friendly language.
- Familiarity with the following technologies: EDR, Anti-Virus, Firewall, Network protocols, Linux security events, Phishing mitigation, WireShark
- Familiarity with the following: Permissions management, DLP, IAM, VPN
Projects you might work on:
- Improving Security reporting in conjunction with analysts to support management reporting requirements of the security program.
- Integrating new tooling permissions with the existing IAM program.
- Working closely with development and infrastructure teams to find opportunity for security process improvement.
- Implementing and integrating new security tools and technologies.
- Assist in testing and validating controls as part of our Information Security program.
- Integrate additional security checkpoints into our internal Processes.
- Track and report evidence for internal and external audit programs.
We believe that the best way to succeed is by having a happy, motivated and healthy team. We offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare Insurance: Zero Hash covers roughly 100% of employee premiums
- Mental health and wellness program
- Equity ownership
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- Visa sponsorship
About Zero Hash:
Zero Hash is backed by Struck Capital, Bain Capital, TradeStation and tastyworks. Zero Hash’s mission is to empower innovators by delivering access to the financial system 2.0. Zero Hash enables developers and businesses to focus on building experiences and products. We power your favorite brokerage app or neo bank to offer BTC, provide the rails to the 2.0 payment processors, give platforms the ability to facilitate instantaneous cross border payments and eliminate complexity for moving assets for the world’s largest liquidity providers.
The Zero Hash Culture:
All Zero Hash employees are guided by the following characteristics and core principles:
- Independence - an ability to work alone. There is no micromanaging here. Join Zero Hash, pitch ideas and shape the work you do. You will be given responsibility from day one.
- Vision - an ability to see the broader picture. We are innovating quickly and challenging the status quo. Seeing where we fit in is critical in making it a reality.
- Positivity - a good attitude and respect for others. We’re teammates, not co-workers.
- Ambition - an ability and a passion for learning and getting things done. We will champion you, challenge you, and push you to achieve your best – and we expect the same in return.
- Empathy - an ability to understand the customer. We do not build products for industry, but with industry. Learn our markets and speak to our end-users.
- Adaptability - an ability to respond quickly. We are in a fast-paced industry and so we expect you to be creative when solving a new problem and comfortable under pressure.