About the Role
As the Director of Financial Crimes, you will partner with the Chief Compliance Officer and Financial Crimes teams to drive the execution of key priorities. This role will have a material impact on the efficiency and productivity of the Compliance team through streaming initiatives within and across verticals: tackling special projects, kicking off new initiatives, and communicating cross-functional objectives. Through collaborations with team leads, this role will ensure overall team alignment, strategic initiatives, and process enhancements to enable effective executions. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker, a great communicator, and has the ability to influence through respect and trust. You will report directly to the Chief Compliance Officer.
- Apply Fincrime, law, regulations, guidance, and industry standard practices across products, services and activities.
- Lead a team of fincrime professionals to ensure compliance with FINCEN guidance and MSB/MTL, Bit Licensing in each state.
- Monitor day to day activities of all of Fincrime, business performance and team productivity / morale to ensure teams stay connected and supported.
- Facilitate effective decision making and development of processes to ensure consistency and repeatable success for scalability
- Build and lead a seasoned team to facilitate and further these responsibilities
- 10 to 15 years of comparable legal or compliance work experience, including experience with or at the Federal Reserve Board, FDIC, OCC, SEC, DOJ, CFPB, or state regulatory Body.
- Compliance certifications such as ACAMs, CRCM, CFE
- Specific regulatory subject matter expertise in Fincrime, BSA/AML, and Fraud
- Great communicator, self-starter, and ability to build and maintain relationships with the business
- You are a Juris Doctor, former Regulator, Professional Services (Consulting), fintech professional, and ideally have Crypto Experience
We believe that the best way to succeed is by having a happy, motivated and healthy team. We offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare Insurance: Zero Hash covers roughly 100% of employee premiums as well as a portion of spouse/children
- Vision & Dental Insurance
- Mental Health and Wellness Program
- Equity Ownership and Early Exercise
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Educational budget of $1000
- WFH stipend of $500
- WeWork All Access Membership
About Zero Hash
Zero Hash is a B2B embedded infrastructure platform that allows any platform to integrate digital assets natively into their own customer experience quickly and easily (a matter of API endpoints). We power neo-banks, broker-dealers, and payment groups to offer digital asset trading and custody, crypto-backed rewards and round-ups programs as well as yield through staking and DeFi and NFTs.
Our thesis is very simple: every financial services firm will offer digital assets within the next 2 years and will do so through platforms such as Zero Hash. Zero Hash is defining the new FinTech vertical of digital-assets-as-a-service.
Clients include MoneyLion, Wirex, Deserve, MoonPay, tastytrade. Backed by Point72 Ventures, NYCA, Bain Capital, tastytrade.
The Zero Hash Culture
All Zero Hash employees are guided by the following characteristics and core principles:
- Independence/Ownership - An ability to work autonomously. Join Zero Hash, pitch ideas, and shape the work you do.
- Passion - We are innovating quickly and challenging the status quo. We want you to think big, be creative and make a difference every day.
- Collaborative - A good attitude and respect for others. We’re teammates, not co-workers. Everything we do is a shared success and equally a shared failure - we talk in terms of “we” not “me”.
- Initiative - An ability and passion for learning and asking questions. We will champion you, challenge you and push you to achieve your best - and we expect you to do the same.
- Empathy - An ability to listen, respect and understand your co-workers, customers and everyone you interact with no matter how different they are to you. We are proud of our diversity.
- Adaptability - An ability to respond quickly. We are in a fast-paced industry and so we expect you to be creative when solving a new problem and comfortable under pressure.
- Transparency - We believe that transparency is critical to empowering everyone to make the best decisions, both the company to its people and vice versa. Both as an organization and as individuals, we need to admit mistakes and learn from them.
- Integrity - Integrity creates trust. As both an organization collectively and as individuals, it is our most valuable asset.