About the Role
Zero Hash is looking for an experienced Director of Project Management to lead our growing project management teams. You’ll be responsible for leading diverse and cross-functional team(s) to evaluate, design, build, and implement solutions to support various project goals. The DPM will engage various stakeholders and work collaboratively across initiatives, regions, and teams to develop individual project strategies and secure necessary resources to deliver project results helping us scale the gateway to Finance 2.0. We are a high performing team and are looking for an equally ambitious and driven teammate.
The right candidate for this position is a problem solver, an experienced project management professional, an excellent communicator, a leader, and driven.
If you're looking to have a massive impact in a high-growth startup in one of the most exciting markets in decades, you will find this role challenging and rewarding in equal measure.
- Leads a global team of project managers establishing and promoting industry-recognized, best-in-class project management standards.
- Evaluates and harmonizes interdepartmental processes while ensuring compliance with ISO, SOC and other governance.
- Provides project management subject matter expertise and support for large and/or complex programs.
- Helps assign Project Management resources and assists in the development of project teams with input from the functional managers. Allocates resources appropriately based on project complexity, strategic importance, and team experience.
- Establish team roles and responsibilities, track capacity and allocate resources; re-allocate resources when necessary to keep the overall project on schedule.
- Leads regular review process with leadership teams, drives prioritization and reports on status
- Ensures information concerning project status (i.e. schedules, deliverables, costs, risks, and issues) passes to-and-from key stakeholders.
- Provide accountability for the evaluation and approval process for change requests.
- Identifies resource bottlenecks that may be negatively impacting programs and works with extended leadership team to address, shorter and longer term. Ensures that an effective risk escalation process is established and that barriers to effective project execution are identified and addressed.
- Develops organizational project management capabilities through training, coaching, and group and individual meetings/discussions.
- Engage with various stakeholders and work collaboratively across functions, regions, and organizational teams to develop the individual project strategies and secure necessary resources to deliver project results.
- Prior experience building and managing a team with proven high quality of talent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 10+ years of experience in program/project management
- 5-10 years’ experience directly managing teams
- Experience with Jira and Asana.
- Experience developing program/project processes and driving change.
- Experience driving continuous improvements projects across an organization (with knowledge in Lean, Transformation, Six Sigma and Practical Process Improvement methodologies preferred).
- PMI or PMP certification
- Experience at a banking-as-a-service, brokerage-as a service, payment-as-a-service business
- Experience with digital assets
We believe that the best way to succeed is by having a happy, motivated and healthy team. We offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare Insurance: Zero Hash covers roughly 100% of employee premiums
- Mental health and wellness program
- Equity ownership
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- Visa sponsorship
About Zero Hash
Zero Hash is backed by Point72, Bain Capital Ventures, NYCA, TradeStation and tastyworks. Zero Hash’s mission is to empower innovators by delivering access to the financial system 2.0. Zero Hash enables developers and businesses to focus on building experiences and products. We power your favorite brokerage app or neo bank to offer BTC, provide the rails to the 2.0 payment processors, give platforms the ability to facilitate instantaneous cross border payments and eliminate complexity for moving assets for the world’s largest liquidity providers.
The Zero Hash Culture
All Zero Hash employees are guided by the following characteristics and core principles:
- Independence - an ability to work alone. There is no micromanaging here. Join Seed, pitch ideas and shape the work you do. You will be given responsibility from day one.
- Vision - an ability to see the broader picture. We are innovating quickly and challenging the status quo. Seeing where we fit in is critical in making it a reality.
- Positivity - a good attitude and respect for others. We’re teammates, not co-workers.
- Ambition - an ability and a passion for learning and getting things done. We will champion you, challenge you, and push you to achieve your best – and we expect the same in return.
- Empathy - an ability to understand the customer. We do not build products for industry, but with industry. Learn our markets and speak to our end-users.
- Adaptability - an ability to respond quickly. We are in a fast-paced industry and so we expect you to be creative when solving a new problem and comfortable under pressure.