About the Role
As the Corporate Tax Manager you will be responsible for all federal, state and local tax filing requirements. The Corporate Tax Manager’s main duties include setting up the processes to accurately prepare and file federal and state tax returns and ensure that the company’s tax strategy complies with local, state and federal tax laws. You will support all tax related activities such as compliance, reporting, audits, and planning. You will be able to operate independently in a fast-paced environment and work closely and proactively with other teams.
- Prepare tax research related to different products as requested to support the Company’s growth.
- Prepare memorandums and other written documents as requested by internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare federal, state and local tax workpapers to support the Company’s tax filing requirements.
- Stay up to date with federal, state and local tax filing requirements impacting the Company’s business.
- Embed tax reporting processes within the accounting processes to support the accurate preparation and filing of tax returns.
- Lead the implementation of processes where required to ensure the Company complies with new tax legislation.
- Raise tax issues with management to ensure the company complies with local, state and federal tax laws.
- Build relationships with third party service providers to ensure all tax returns are based on complete and accurate information.
- Maintain the Company’s tax workpapers and tax returns.
- Assist management with important tax reporting decisions as the Company grows.
- Support management in preparing tax forecasts and projections.
Requirements (Skills and Qualifications)
- More than eight years tax experience working at a public accounting firm or equivalent experience at a multinational corporation with complex multi-state taxes and industry.
- More than eight years’ experience preparing and reviewing accurate federal, state and local tax returns.
- Familiarity with SaaS sales taxation trends and tax implications.
- Attention to detail in reviewing accounting transactions and tax returns.
- Able to communicate effectively with colleagues and management about tax related matters.
- Experience in implementing policies and procedures to comply with new tax requirements.
- Demonstrated track record of delivering results in a rapidly changing business environment.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting or related field.
- Fluent in English.
- CPA, JD or Master’s in Taxation or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Experience in a high growth organization.
- Tax experience in the technology industry and/or multinational company.
We believe that the best way to succeed is by having a happy, motivated and healthy team. We offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare Insurance customary for region
- Vision & Dental Insurance customary for region
- Mental Health and Wellness Program
- Equity Ownership and Early Exercise
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Educational budget of $1000
- WFH stipend of $500
- WeWork All Access Membership
- Visa Sponsorship
About Zero Hash
Zero Hash is a B2B embedded infrastructure platform that allows any platform to integrate digital assets natively into their own customer experience quickly and easily (a matter of API endpoints). We power neo-banks, broker-dealers, and payment groups to offer digital asset trading and custody, crypto-backed rewards and round-ups programs as well as yield through staking and DeFi and NFTs.
Our thesis is very simple: every financial services firm will offer digital assets within the next 2 years and will do so through platforms such as Zero Hash. Zero Hash is defining the new FinTech vertical of digital-assets-as-a-service.
Clients include MoneyLion, Wirex, Deserve, MoonPay, tastytrade, Drivewealth. Backed by Point72 Ventures, NYCA, Bain Capital, tastytrade.
The Zero Hash Culture
All Zero Hash employees are guided by the following characteristics and core principles:
- Independence/Ownership - An ability to work autonomously. Join Zero Hash, pitch ideas, and shape the work you do.
- Passion - We are innovating quickly and challenging the status quo. We want you to think big, be creative and make a difference every day.
- Collaborative - A good attitude and respect for others. We’re teammates, not co-workers. Everything we do is a shared success and equally a shared failure - we talk in terms of “we” not “me”.
- Initiative - An ability and passion for learning and asking questions. We will champion you, challenge you and push you to achieve your best - and we expect you to do the same.
- Empathy - An ability to listen, respect and understand your co-workers, customers and everyone you interact with no matter how different they are to you. We are proud of our diversity.
- Adaptability - An ability to respond quickly. We are in a fast-paced industry and so we expect you to be creative when solving a new problem and comfortable under pressure.
- Transparency - We believe that transparency is critical to empowering everyone to make the best decisions, both the company and its people and vice versa. Both as an organization and as individuals, we need to admit mistakes and learn from them.
- Integrity - Integrity creates trust. As both an organization collectively and as individuals, it is our most valuable asset.