About the Role
As the Controller you will be responsible for planning and directing the accounting operations for the international subsidiaries of the company. You will work closely with the Controller responsible for the USA entities. You will direct and develop the company’s international accounting principles, practices, procedures and initiatives. You will ensure the preparation and analysis of all financial reports meet the needs of the company and comply with all applicable regulations.
- Issue monthly and annual GAAP financial statements.
- Monitor the accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll processes.
- Ensure the accounting processes are operating in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Review and approve accounting transactions and be able to raise any issues with management.
- Maintain the Company’s financial statements in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Assist management with important financial statement reporting decisions as the Company grows.
- Support management in preparing financial forecasts and projections.
Requirements (Skills and Qualifications)
- More than four years’ experience preparing accurate GAAP compliant financial statements.
- Strong and in depth understanding of GAAP.
- Attention to detail in reviewing accounting transactions and financial statements.
- Able to communicate effectively with colleagues and management about the financial statements.
- Experience in implementing policies and procedures to comply with new legal or regulatory requirements.
- Experience in managing and developing staff.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting preferred.
We believe that the best way to succeed is by having a happy, motivated and healthy team. We offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare Insurance: Zero Hash covers roughly 100% of employee premiums as well as a portion of spouse/children
- Vision & Dental Insurance
- Mental Health and Wellness Program
- Equity Ownership and Early Exercise
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Educational budget of $1000
- WFH stipend of $500
- WeWork All Access Membership
- Visa Sponsorship
About Zero Hash
Zero Hash is a B2B embedded infrastructure platform that allows any platform to integrate digital assets natively into their own customer experience quickly and easily (a matter of API endpoints). We power neo-banks, broker-dealers, and payment groups to offer digital asset trading and custody, crypto-backed rewards and round-ups programs as well as yield through staking and DeFi and NFTs.
Our thesis is very simple: every financial services firm will offer digital assets within the next 2 years and will do so through platforms such as Zero Hash. Zero Hash is defining the new FinTech vertical of digital-assets-as-a-service.
Clients include MoneyLion, Wirex, Deserve, MoonPay, tastytrade, Drivewealth. Backed by Point72 Ventures, NYCA, Bain Capital, tastytrade.
The Zero Hash Culture
All Zero Hash employees are guided by the following characteristics and core principles:
- Independence/Ownership - An ability to work autonomously. Join Zero Hash, pitch ideas, and shape the work you do.
- Passion - We are innovating quickly and challenging the status quo. We want you to think big, be creative and make a difference every day.
- Collaborative - A good attitude and respect for others. We’re teammates, not co-workers. Everything we do is a shared success and equally a shared failure - we talk in terms of “we” not “me”.
- Initiative - An ability and passion for learning and asking questions. We will champion you, challenge you and push you to achieve your best - and we expect you to do the same.
- Empathy - An ability to listen, respect and understand your co-workers, customers and everyone you interact with no matter how different they are to you. We are proud of our diversity.
- Adaptability - An ability to respond quickly. We are in a fast-paced industry and so we expect you to be creative when solving a new problem and comfortable under pressure.
- Transparency - We believe that transparency is critical to empowering everyone to make the best decisions, both the company to its people and vice versa. Both as an organization and as individuals, we need to admit mistakes and learn from them.
- Integrity - Integrity creates trust. As both an organization collectively and as individuals, it is our most valuable asset.
For candidates based in Colorado, please contact colorado-wages @zerohash.com to request compensation and benefits information regarding a particular role(s). Please include with you email the city you reside (or intend to reside in Colorado) and the title/link to the roles you're interested in.