About the Role:
Zero Hash is looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Security Operations Engineer to join our Security team. In this role, your passion for Security and Operations will be used to continue to improve the process and operational capabilities of security for our Infrastructure and development as well as collaborate across the organization to continue to drive a mentality of, “Security being a team effort.”
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Take an active role as a co-owner of security operations to ensure processes and procedures are built, maintained, and operated with security, efficiency and effectiveness in mind.
- Assess, triage, and prioritize security alerts from logging and monitoring systems
- Design, implement, configure, and support security and IT solutions and tools (e.g., SIEM, IDPS, IAM, MDM)
- Conduct vulnerability assessment, determine deviations from acceptable configurations, and assess the level of risk; recommend appropriate mitigation countermeasures
- Work in collaboration with SRE, IT, cloud operations, and engineering teams to secure our AWS environment; define a unified incident response process, complete with performance metrics and post mortems
- Oversee security assessments, including penetration tests of the production environment
- Keep abreast of tools, techniques, and process improvements in support of security detection and analysis in accordance with current and emerging threat and attack vectors.
- Assist in digital forensic activities including collect, process, preserve, analyze, and present evidence in support of vulnerability mitigation, and investigations
- Perform cyber defense analysis by using data collected from a variety of cyber defense tools (e.g., IDS alerts, firewalls, Cloud Trails) to analyze events for the purposes of mitigating threats.
- Represent the security needs of the organization by providing security expertise and assistance in IT projects.
- Provide educational resources about security policies and consult on security issues regarding users or managed systems.
- Develop incident response procedures, playbooks, work instructions, and automated solutions.
- May require work nights, weekends, or holidays on a rotational basis with the rest of the team to ensure 24x7 coverage.
- Supports our CISO in additional security projects, as needed
- BS degree in related field or equivalent experience. MS degree in a related field or equivalent experience is a plus
- Minimum 10+ years of cybersecurity experience, 5 of which include being in a SOC/CSIRT environment
- Experience investigating cybersecurity events and incidents using a full suite of alerting and response tools, digital forensic or malware analysis tools
- Experience with one major SIEM system
- Hands-on experience working with AWS services and tools such as IAM, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, SecurityHub, GuardDuty, Inspector, Shield, WAF, KMS, Secrets Manager, Lambda, CloudWatch, PagerDuty
- Demonstrable knowledge of Information Security attack methods and techniques
- Experience creating and maintaining threat models
- Strong understanding of networking basics, including firewall, IDPS, and segmentation
- Familiar with serverless compute such as AWS Lambda and container implementations with EKS, Kubernetes, etc.
- As much experience across the following technologies: EDR, Firewall, Network protocols, Linux security events, Phishing mitigation, DLP, IAM, and VPN.
- CISSP, OSCP, GIAC, and or AWS Certified Security Specialty a plus.
We believe that the best way to succeed is by having a happy, motivated and healthy team. We offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare Insurance: Zero Hash covers roughly 100% of employee premiums as well as a portion of spouse/children
- Vision & Dental Insurance
- Mental Health and Wellness Program
- Equity Ownership and Early Exercise
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Educational budget of $1000
- WFH stipend of $500
- WeWork All Access Membership
- Visa Sponsorship
About Zero Hash:
Zero Hash is a B2B embedded infrastructure platform that allows any platform to integrate digital assets natively into their own customer experience quickly and easily (a matter of API endpoints). We power neo-banks, broker-dealers, and payment groups to offer digital asset trading and custody, crypto-backed rewards and round-ups programs as well as yield through staking and DeFi and NFTs.
Our thesis is very simple: every financial services firm will offer digital assets within the next 2 years and will do so through platforms such as Zero Hash. Zero Hash is defining the new FinTech vertical of digital-assets-as-a-service.
Clients include MoneyLion, Wirex, Deserve, MoonPay, tastytrade, Drivewealth. Backed by Point72 Ventures, NYCA, Bain Capital, tastytrade.
The Zero Hash Culture
All Zero Hash employees are guided by the following characteristics and core principles:
- Independence/Ownership - An ability to work autonomously. Join Zero Hash, pitch ideas, and shape the work you do.
- Passion - We are innovating quickly and challenging the status quo. We want you to think big, be creative and make a difference every day.
- Collaborative - A good attitude and respect for others. We’re teammates, not co-workers. Everything we do is a shared success and equally a shared failure - we talk in terms of “we” not “me”.
- Initiative - An ability and passion for learning and asking questions. We will champion you, challenge you and push you to achieve your best - and we expect you to do the same.
- Empathy - An ability to listen, respect, and understand your co-workers, customers, and everyone you interact with no matter how different they are to you.
- Adaptability - An ability to respond quickly. We are in a fast-paced industry and so we expect you to be creative when solving a new problem and comfortable under pressure.
- Transparency - We believe that transparency is critical to empowering everyone to make the best decisions, both the company to its people and vice versa.
- Integrity - Integrity creates trust. As both an organization collectively and as individuals, it is our most valuable asset.
For candidates based in Colorado, please contact colorado-wages @zerohash.com to request compensation and benefits information regarding a particular role(s). Please include with you email the city you reside (or intend to reside in Colorado) and the title/link to the roles you're interested in.