About the Role
Zero Hash is looking for an experienced and passionate Site Reliability Engineer to join our Platform team.
What you will do
- Take an active role as co-owner of production services to ensure they are built, maintained, and operated in a reliable and scalable way.
- Be part of the successful delivery of new features and services, as well as the day-to-day operations of existing services.
- Collaborate with Software Engineering to identify and help drive operational improvements through metric driven collection and analysis.
- Develop and maintain performance benchmarks for our applications to ensure a consistent customer experience
- Help drive operational efficiencies releasing code and monitoring performance.
- Provide traditional SRE/Operational support scopes like tooling and automation, monitoring, workflow management, maintaining and improving CI/CD, etc.
- Participate in our weekly on-call rotation to investigate and resolve potential system issues.
- Get your hands dirty managing and scaling our various infrastructure systems.
- You have extensive experience deploying, managing and troubleshooting infrastructure in AWS.
- You have managed the full lifecycle of deploying a container to a production environment using self-managed kubernetes, ECS, or EKS.
- When the perfect tool wasn’t available you wrote one yourself and taught others how to use it.
- You understand CI/CD and have built custom tooling to deploy code to production environments.
- You are able to solve problems in distributed Linux systems and are comfortable tracing requests across applications, systems and networks.
- You love Infrastructure as Code.
- You can automate routine tasks and are proficient in at least two programming languages.
- You have fantastic communication skills in both spoken and written forms to explain complex ideas to various audiences.
- You thrive in an environment where collaboration and communication are paramount but are able to solve problems on your own.
Projects you might work on
- Creating and maintaining application performance benchmarks so we know when our applications are not performing well.
- Improving our CI/CD pipeline to reduce the time it takes from development merge to production deployment
- Continue to improve and scale our AWS and application infrastructure.
- Work closely with software development to help optimize local development workflow.
- Identify common issues and come up with solutions on how to reduce their impact or remove them altogether.
- Help implement a scalable solution for blue/green and canary deployments.
We believe that the best way to succeed is by having a happy, motivated and healthy team. We offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare Insurance: Zero Hash covers roughly 100% of employee premiums
- Mental health and wellness program
- Equity ownership
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- Visa sponsorship
About Zero Hash
Zero Hash is backed by Struck Capital, Bain Capital, TradeStation and tastyworks. Zero Hash’s mission is to empower innovators by delivering access to the financial system 2.0. Zero Hash enables developers and businesses to focus on building experiences and products. We power your favorite brokerage app or neo bank to offer BTC, provide the rails to the 2.0 payment processors, give platforms the ability to facilitate instantaneous cross border payments and eliminate complexity for moving assets for the world’s largest liquidity providers.
The Zero Hash Culture
All Zero Hash employees are guided by the following characteristics and core principles:
- Independence - an ability to work alone. There is no micromanaging here. Join Seed, pitch ideas and shape the work you do. You will be given responsibility from day one.
- Vision - an ability to see the broader picture. We are innovating quickly and challenging the status quo. Seeing where we fit in is critical in making it a reality.
- Positivity - a good attitude and respect for others. We’re teammates, not co-workers.
- Ambition - an ability and a passion for learning and getting things done. We will champion you, challenge you, and push you to achieve your best – and we expect the same in return.
- Empathy - an ability to understand the customer. We do not build products for industry, but with industry. Learn our markets and speak to our end-users.
- Adaptability - an ability to respond quickly. We are in a fast-paced industry and so we expect you to be creative when solving a new problem and comfortable under pressure.