About the Role
Zero Hash is looking for an experienced Director of Engineering to lead our growing client facing technology teams. You’ll lead cross functional teams of engineers to help us scale the gateway to Finance 2.0. We are a high performing group of engineers and leaders looking for an equally ambitious and driven teammate.
The right candidate for this position is a problem solver, an experienced software professional, an excellent communicator, a leader, and driven.
If you're looking to have a massive impact in a high-growth startup in one of the most exciting markets in decades, you will find this role challenging and rewarding in equal measure.
- Attract and retain a high-performing engineering team with the highest tier of technical talent
- Collaborate with cross-functional peers such as platform, product, project management, compliance, legal, and finance
- Do effective prioritization between competing priorities
- Coach and mentor tech leads and engineers to grow their career
- Be an advocate and represent your team’s work to leadership and the wider company
- Prior experience managing a team with proven high quality of talent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work across different functions and being able to adjust communication according to intended audience
- Deeply technical with an architectural mindset, however you are also able to deep dive into technical details
- Even though your responsibilities will be primarily managerial, you should have strong engineering experience as you must be able to empathize with and understand the needs of your engineers and tech leads.
- Passionate about building a strong engineering culture
- Understanding of a wide array of backend technologies and practices, specifically domain driven design
- Experience with Golang and, to a lesser extent, Typescript
- Experience at a banking-as-a-service, brokerage-as a service, payment-as-a-service business
- Experience with digital assets
We believe that the best way to succeed is by having a happy, motivated and healthy team. We offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare Insurance: Zero Hash covers roughly 100% of employee premiums
- Mental health and wellness program
- Equity ownership
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- Visa sponsorship
About Zero Hash
Zero Hash is backed by Point72, Bain Capital Ventures, NYCA, TradeStation and tastyworks. Zero Hash’s mission is to empower innovators by delivering access to the financial system 2.0. Zero Hash enables developers and businesses to focus on building experiences and products. We power your favorite brokerage app or neo bank to offer BTC, provide the rails to the 2.0 payment processors, give platforms the ability to facilitate instantaneous cross border payments and eliminate complexity for moving assets for the world’s largest liquidity providers.
The Zero Hash Culture
All Zero Hash employees are guided by the following characteristics and core principles:
- Independence - an ability to work alone. There is no micromanaging here. Join Seed, pitch ideas and shape the work you do. You will be given responsibility from day one.
- Vision - an ability to see the broader picture. We are innovating quickly and challenging the status quo. Seeing where we fit in is critical in making it a reality.
- Positivity - a good attitude and respect for others. We’re teammates, not co-workers.
- Ambition - an ability and a passion for learning and getting things done. We will champion you, challenge you, and push you to achieve your best – and we expect the same in return.
- Empathy - an ability to understand the customer. We do not build products for industry, but with industry. Learn our markets and speak to our end-users.
Adaptability - an ability to respond quickly. We are in a fast-paced industry and so we expect you to be creative when solving a new problem and comfortable under pressure.