Zero Hash is a Trailblazing company that facilitates the storage of digital assets, on and off-chain settlement, and verifiable proof of assets for transactions. Zero Hash is a FinCEN-registered Money Service Business as well as a regulated Money Transmitter that can operate in more than 45 states. Zero Hash also holds a virtual currency license from NYDFS.
About the Job:
- The position will be responsible for reviewing and analyzing alerts, transactions and account activity. Will also play a key role in conducting AML investigations and assessing fraudulent activity.
- Review alerts generated by the monitoring systems, including the identification of unusual/suspicious activity and analyzing account activity using appropriate tools.
- Conduct periodic account/customer reviews to detect potentially suspicious activity while documenting steps taken through the investigation process.
- Identify and escalate any issues that impact the quality of the surveillance alerts.
- Ensure appropriate action is taken on accounts that have participated in suspicious blockchain activity.
- Reviews monthly and daily transaction alerts, sanctions alerts, client file review, conducts due diligence searches using OSINT tools.
- Prepare required FinCEN filings - SARS and CTRs.
- Maintain an understanding of AML regulations; current money laundering schemes; and investigative techniques required to detect such schemes.
- Assist in automating compliance department functionality and make recommendations on ways to make internal processes more efficient.
- Develop, regularly update and ensure accuracy of all tracking logs for metrics reporting.
- Identify anomalies and escalations as they relate to AML initiatives, AML/BSA regulations, and industry best practices for AML/BSA analysis.
- Work and contribute to a team-oriented and collaborative environment to improve the analytical and reporting processes.
- Review and process watch list filtering and negative news alerts that are generated as needed.
- Other ad hoc duties as assigned.
- Adhere to and comply with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e., Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.), as well as adhering to company policies and procedures and client requirements.
- College degree with strong academic credentials
- 0+ years of AML experience
- Excellent time management and organizational skill
- Hardworking and driven
- Strong time management skills and ability to execute tasks within tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with colleagues across regions and business units
- Ability to multi-task effectively maintain attention detail
- Strong familiarity with Google Suite and Microsoft Suite products
- Experience working with third party case management and blockchain analytics tools a plus
- Crypto experience a plus
- ACAMS certification a plus but not required
- Experience with MSB’s a plus
- Proficiency in Excel, including pivot tables and Vlookups, preferred
We believe that the best way to succeed is by having a happy, motivated and healthy team. We offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare Insurance: Zero Hash covers roughly 100% of employee premiums
- Mental health and wellness program
- Chance to earn equity
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- Visa sponsorship
About Zero Hash:
Zero Hash is backed by Point 72, NYCA, TradeStation and IG Group. Zero Hash’s mission is to empower innovators by delivering access to the financial system 2.0. Zero Hash enables developers and businesses to focus on building experiences and products. We power your favorite brokerage app or neo bank to offer BTC, provide the rails to the 2.0 payment processors, give platforms the ability to facilitate instantaneous cross border payments and eliminate complexity for moving assets for the world’s largest liquidity providers.
The Zero Hash Culture
All Zero Hash employees are guided by the following characteristics and core principles:
- Independence - an ability to work alone. There is no micromanaging here. Join Zero Hash, pitch ideas and shape the work you do. You will be given responsibility from day one.
- Vision - an ability to see the broader picture. We are innovating quickly and challenging the status quo. Seeing where we fit in is critical in making it a reality.
- Positivity - a good attitude and respect for others. We’re teammates, not co-workers.
- Ambition - an ability and a passion for learning and getting things done. We will champion you, challenge you, and push you to achieve your best – and we expect the same in return.
- Empathy - an ability to understand the customer. We do not build products for industry, but with industry. Learn our markets and speak to our end-users.
- Adaptability - an ability to respond quickly. We are in a fast-paced industry and so we expect you to be creative when solving a new problem and comfortable under pressure.