About the Role
Zero Hash is looking for a Blockchain Software Engineer to help architect Zero Hash's Blockchain infrastructure and build new features. We are a high performing team looking for an equally ambitious and driven teammate.
The right candidate for this position is detail oriented, deeply technical, and driven with a passion for Blockchain. You are eager to learn new technologies and complex systems.
If you're looking to have a massive impact in a high-growth startup in one of the most exciting markets in decades, you will find this role challenging and rewarding in equal measure.
- Maintain and support over 50 digital assets
- Architect and develop new features including staking-as-a-service
- Subject matter expert for stakeholders including customers
- Support the company’s vital business by contributing to the design and development of software in an event-driven microservices environment
- Develop microservices in Golang and Python
- Work with platform engineers to setup new services
- Respond to production issues and alerts
- When necessary, communicate directly with client technical teams
- Deep domain knowledge of various blockchains
Ability to research new blockchain technologies
- 3+ years of experience
- A humble and scrappy get-it-done mindset; you’re resourceful and in your element going from 0 to 1
- Excellent problem solving skills - can troubleshoot complex systems
- Deep Proficiency with at least one of Python and Golang and experience with the other.
- Understanding of SQL and database schema design
- Comfort with ambiguity; the ability to independently lay out and test clear hypotheses and solve problems without well-defined direction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Involvement in the crypto and blockchain community (contribute to open source projects, conferences
- Bachelors in computer science or equivalent experience
- Experience with the SciPy stack, specifically Pandas
- Experience at a banking-as-a-service, brokerage-as a service, payment-as-a-service business
- An understanding around financial services reconciliation tools
- Experience with digital assets
- Experience with yield-generating products
We believe that the best way to succeed is by having a happy, motivated and healthy team. We offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare Insurance: Zero Hash covers roughly 100% of employee premiums
- Mental health and wellness program
- Equity ownership
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- Visa sponsorship
About Zero Hash
Zero Hash is backed by Struck Capital, Bain Capital, TradeStation and tastyworks. Zero Hash’s mission is to empower innovators by delivering access to the financial system 2.0. Zero Hash enables developers and businesses to focus on building experiences and products. We power your favorite brokerage app or neo bank to offer BTC, provide the rails to the 2.0 payment processors, give platforms the ability to facilitate instantaneous cross border payments and eliminate complexity for moving assets for the world’s largest liquidity providers.
The Zero Hash Culture
All Zero Hash employees are guided by the following characteristics and core principles:
- Independence - an ability to work alone. There is no micromanaging here. Join Seed, pitch ideas and shape the work you do. You will be given responsibility from day one.
- Vision - an ability to see the broader picture. We are innovating quickly and challenging the status quo. Seeing where we fit in is critical in making it a reality.
- Positivity - a good attitude and respect for others. We’re teammates, not co-workers.
- Ambition - an ability and a passion for learning and getting things done. We will champion you, challenge you, and push you to achieve your best – and we expect the same in return.
- Empathy - an ability to understand the customer. We do not build products for industry, but with industry. Learn our markets and speak to our end-users.
- Adaptability - an ability to respond quickly. We are in a fast-paced industry and so we expect you to be creative when solving a new problem and comfortable under pressure.