AML Surveillance Analyst
Zero Hash is a Trailblazing company that facilitates the storage of digital assets, on and off-chain settlement, and verifiable proof of assets for transactions. Zero Hash is a FinCEN-registered Money Service Business as well as a regulated Money Transmitter that can operate in more than 45 states. Zero Hash also holds a virtual currency license from NYDFS.
About the Job: The position will be responsible for administration of the surveillance procedures and also conduct research, analysis, transaction monitoring and AML investigations.
- Conduct blockchain and transaction monitoring surveillance and assist in the streamlining of the day-to-day workflow.
- Identify and escalate any issues that impact the quality of the surveillance alerts.
- Ensure appropriate action is taken on accounts that have participated in suspicious blockchain activity3rd Party Vendor Monitoring
- Third Party Vendor management and monitoring.
- Reviews monthly and daily transaction alerts, sanctions alerts, client file review, conducts due diligence searches
- Develop, regularly update and ensure accuracy of all tracking logs for metrics reporting
- Identify anomalies and escalations as they relate to AML initiatives, AML/BSA regulations, and industry best practices for AML/BSA analysis
- Work and contribute in a team-oriented and collaborative environment to improve the analytical and reporting processes
- Other special projects as needed
- Adhere to and comply with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.), as well as adhering to company policies and procedures and client requirements
- Assist the AML Officer with onboarding new counterparties as well as managing external onboarding requests.
- College degree with strong academic credentials
- 2+ years of AML experience
- Hardworking and driven
- Strong time management skills and ability to execute tasks within tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skill
- Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with colleagues across regions and business units
- Ability to multi-task effectively maintain attention detail
- Crypto experience a plus
- ACAMS certification a plus
- Experience with MSB’s a plus
- Proficiency in Excel, including pivot tables and Vlookups, preferred
We believe that the best way to succeed is by having a happy, motivated and healthy team. We offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare Insurance: Zero Hash covers roughly 100% of employee premiums
- Mental health and wellness program
- Chance to earn Zero Hash Equity
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- Visa sponsorship
About Zero Hash:
Zero Hash is backed by Struck Capital, Bain Capital, TradeStation and tastyworks. Zero Hash’s mission is to empower innovators by delivering access to the financial system 2.0. Zero Hash enables developers and businesses to focus on building experiences and products. We power your favorite brokerage app or neo bank to offer BTC, provide the rails to the 2.0 payment processors, give platforms the ability to facilitate instantaneous cross border payments and eliminate complexity for moving assets for the world’s largest liquidity providers.
The Zero Hash Culture
All Zero Hash employees are guided by the following characteristics and core principles:
- Independence - an ability to work alone. There is no micromanaging here. Join Seed, pitch ideas and shape the work you do. You will be given responsibility from day one.
- Vision - an ability to see the broader picture. We are innovating quickly and challenging the status quo. Seeing where we fit in is critical in making it a reality.
- Positivity - a good attitude and respect for others. We’re teammates, not co-workers.
- Ambition - an ability and a passion for learning and getting things done. We will champion you, challenge you, and push you to achieve your best – and we expect the same in return.
- Empathy - an ability to understand the customer. We do not build products for industry, but with industry. Learn our markets and speak to our end-users.
- Adaptability - an ability to respond quickly. We are in a fast-paced industry and so we expect you to be creative when solving a new problem and comfortable under pressure.