About the Role
As the Global Corporate Controller, you will be responsible for overseeing and leading the global accounting and financial reporting function for the company and its subsidiaries. You will work closely with the Group CFO in leading day-to-day accounting operations. You will direct and develop the company’s global accounting principles, practices, policies/procedures, and initiatives. You will ensure the preparation and analysis of all financial reports meet the needs of the company, investors, and comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Oversee and lead global accounting and financial reporting functions.
- Manage the monthly/annual financial reporting and global consolidation process (in accordance with U.S. GAAP) for Zero Hash Holdings and all subsidiaries.
- Review and approve accounting transactions and be able to raise any issues with management.
- Ensure the accounting processes are operating in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Work with cross-functional partners to ensure accurate revenue recognition.
- Work closely with the management team to develop standards and drive compliance across the entire organization
- Implement and maintain a strong control environment, with appropriate governance and documentation of key processes.
- Maintain, update and own global accounting policies, procedures and controls.
- Monitor the accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll processes.
- Maintain the Company’s financial statements in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Lead, mentor, and develop team members to be recognized as a trusted leader across the entire organization.
- Assist management with important financial statement reporting decisions.
- Support management and FP&A in preparing financial forecasts and projections.
Requirements (Skills and Qualifications)
- 12+ years’ experience in Global Controller position at regulated financial services firms (FinTech, banking, payments, lending, broker/dealer, crypto) and/ or public and private accounting.
- More than 10 years’ experience preparing accurate U.S. GAAP compliant financial statements.
- Proven track record of leading and developing high-performing accounting teams.
- Deep understanding of U.S. GAAP accounting and extensive experience with the audit process.
- Experience with multi-currency accounting and global consolidations.
- Deep understanding of treasury and tax functions.
- Experience implementing detailed monthly close processes.
- Expertise in one or more ERP systems (NetSuite (preferred), Oracle Cloud ERP, Sage Intacct, SAP ERP, Microsoft Dynamics).
- Attention to detail in reviewing accounting transactions and financial statements.
- Able to communicate effectively with colleagues and management about the financial health of the company.
- Experience in implementing policies and procedures to comply with new legal or regulatory requirements.
- Experience in managing and developing staff.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting preferred; CPA preferred.
We believe that the best way to succeed is by having a happy, motivated and healthy team. We offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare Insurance: Zero Hash covers roughly 100% of employee premiums as well as a portion of spouse/children
- Vision & Dental Insurance
- Mental Health and Wellness Program
- Equity Ownership and Early Exercise
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Educational budget of $1000
- WFH stipend of $500
- WeWork All Access Membership
- Visa Sponsorship
About Zero Hash
Zero Hash is a B2B embedded infrastructure platform that allows any platform to integrate digital assets natively into their own customer experience quickly and easily (a matter of API endpoints). We power neo-banks, broker-dealers, and payment groups to offer digital asset trading and custody, crypto-backed rewards and round-ups programs as well as yield through staking and DeFi and NFTs.
Our thesis is very simple: every financial services firm will offer digital assets within the next 2 years and will do so through platforms such as Zero Hash. Zero Hash is defining the new FinTech vertical of digital-assets-as-a-service.
Clients include MoneyLion, Wirex, Deserve, MoonPay, tastytrade, Drivewealth. Backed by Point72 Ventures, NYCA, Bain Capital, tastytrade.
The Zero Hash Culture
All Zero Hash employees are guided by the following characteristics and core principles:
- Independence/Ownership - An ability to work autonomously. Join Zero Hash, pitch ideas, and shape the work you do.
- Passion - We are innovating quickly and challenging the status quo. We want you to think big, be creative and make a difference every day.
- Collaborative - A good attitude and respect for others. We’re teammates, not co-workers. Everything we do is a shared success and equally a shared failure - we talk in terms of “we” not “me”.
- Initiative - An ability and passion for learning and asking questions. We will champion you, challenge you and push you to achieve your best - and we expect you to do the same.
- Empathy - An ability to listen, respect and understand your co-workers, customers and everyone you interact with no matter how different they are to you. We are proud of our diversity.
- Adaptability - An ability to respond quickly. We are in a fast-paced industry and so we expect you to be creative when solving a new problem and comfortable under pressure.
- Transparency - We believe that transparency is critical to empowering everyone to make the best decisions, both the company and its people and vice versa.
- Integrity - Integrity creates trust. As both an organization collectively and as individuals, it is our most valuable asset.
For candidates based in Colorado, please contact colorado-wages @zerohash.com to request compensation and benefits information regarding a particular role(s). Please include with you email the city you reside (or intend to reside in Colorado) and the title/link to the roles you're interested in.