About the Role:
Zero Hash is looking for an experienced and passionate Security Engineer to join our Security team. In this role, your passion for Security and Operations will be used to continue to improve the process and operational capabilities of security for our Infrastructure and development as well as collaborate across the organization to continue to drive a mentality of, “Security being a team effort.”
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Take an active role as a co-owner of security operations to ensure processes and procedures are built, maintained, and operated with security, efficiency and effectiveness in mind.
- Manage, configurate, and support critical security and IT engineering tools such as Okta, Google Workspace, Crowdstrike, and VMWare Workspace One.
- Provide best practice customer service to all users, such as monitoring and responding quickly and effectively to user requests or incidents.
- Assist in onboarding and offboarding of employees and contractors (i.e., creating new users, configuring laptops, and receiving returned equipment) while offering excellent communications that enhance our new hire experience.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution via telephone, email, and using remote assistance.
- Diagnosis and resolution of laptop computers (MacOS), software, network, SaaS applications such as Slack, Google Meet, Google Share Drive, etc.
- Provide IT or application training to employees to ensure they have the technological resources and knowledge of how to use those resources to accomplish their jobs.
- Author and revise documentation of environment and operation procedures as needed.
- Evaluate tooling and procedures to enhance security and improve end user productivity and effectiveness.
- Supports our CISO in additional security projects, as needed
- 3+ years of technical support experience in a corporate support, and working as a Security, Helpdesk, IT/Security Engnineer, or Support Administrator.
- Must have experience in Okta, MDM, Crowdstrike, and Google Workspace.
- Experience working through ticketing and project management systems.
- Excellent customer service, communication, and organizational skills with a high level of attention to detai.l
- In-depth knowledge of Mac OS operating systems and broad knowledge of productivity tools.
- Experience with ticketing systems (Jira, ZenDesk, etc.).
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Familiarity with the following Technologies: Endpoint Detection and Response, Anti-Virus, Firewall, Network protocols, Linux security events, Phishing mitigation/response.
- Familiarity with the following Domains: Data Loss Prevention, Identity and Access Management, VPN.
We believe that the best way to succeed is by having a happy, motivated and healthy team. We offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare Insurance: Zero Hash covers roughly 100% of employee premiums as well as a portion of spouse/children
- Vision & Dental Insurance
- Mental Health and Wellness Program
- Equity Ownership and Early Exercise
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Educational budget of $1000
- WFH stipend of $500
- WeWork All Access Membership
- Visa Sponsorship
About Zero Hash:
Zero Hash is a B2B embedded infrastructure platform that allows any platform to integrate digital assets natively into their own customer experience quickly and easily (a matter of API endpoints). We power neo-banks, broker-dealers, and payment groups to offer digital asset trading and custody, crypto-backed rewards and round-ups programs as well as yield through staking and DeFi and NFTs.
Our thesis is very simple: every financial services firm will offer digital assets within the next 2 years and will do so through platforms such as Zero Hash. Zero Hash is defining the new FinTech vertical of digital-assets-as-a-service.
Clients include MoneyLion, Wirex, Deserve, MoonPay, tastytrade, Drivewealth. Backed by Point72 Ventures, NYCA, Bain Capital, tastytrade.
The Zero Hash Culture
All Zero Hash employees are guided by the following characteristics and core principles:
- Independence/Ownership - An ability to work autonomously. Join Zero Hash, pitch ideas, and shape the work you do.
- Passion - We are innovating quickly and challenging the status quo. We want you to think big, be creative and make a difference every day.
- Collaborative - A good attitude and respect for others. We’re teammates, not co-workers. Everything we do is a shared success and equally a shared failure - we talk in terms of “we” not “me”.
- Initiative - An ability and passion for learning and asking questions. We will champion you, challenge you and push you to achieve your best - and we expect you to do the same.
- Empathy - An ability to listen, respect, and understand your co-workers, customers, and everyone you interact with no matter how different they are to you.
- Adaptability - An ability to respond quickly. We are in a fast-paced industry and so we expect you to be creative when solving a new problem and comfortable under pressure.
- Transparency - We believe that transparency is critical to empowering everyone to make the best decisions, both the company to its people and vice versa.
- Integrity - Integrity creates trust. As both an organization collectively and as individuals, it is our most valuable asset.