About the Role:
Zero Hash is looking for a committed Board Member to serve on the governing body of a crypto asset trust company to be formed in South Dakota. This person will play a key role in the governance, oversight, and strategic planning for a state-chartered trust company.
The ideal candidate is an experienced leader in financial services who is dedicated to compliance, has significant professional leadership and/or executive experience, and is committed to Zero Hash’s vision and mission.
Must be located in or willing to relocate to South Dakota.
#Sioux Fall, SD
- Thoroughly grasp the trust company’s policies, procedures, and governance, as well as key applicable regulations
- Understand and be able to carefully review the trust company’s financial condition, approve audit reports, and review budgets and make budget decisions
- Regularly attend board meetings and participate in discussions quarterly, in South Dakota and potentially elsewhere in the U.S.
- Ensure the trust company complies with all legal requirements
- Make recommendations and decisions regarding the governance of the trust company, including but not limited to business operations and senior personnel management.
- Be familiar with the regulatory and business issues and trends affecting the trust company
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a senior officer or executive of a financial services institution, such as a trust company, bank or payments processor.
- Ability to attend quarterly board meetings, including at least 2 in South Dakota.
- Fluency in financial statements and audit reports
- Understanding of trust company regulation or willingness to learn
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel at least twice a year
- Prior experience as a board member, especially of a trust company
- Prior executive or senior management level experience working for a trust company in South Dakota in finance, operations, legal, or compliance
- Prior experience working in crypto or fintech
About Zero Hash:
Zero Hash is a B2B embedded infrastructure platform that allows any platform to integrate digital assets natively into their own customer experience quickly and easily (a matter of API endpoints). We power neo-banks, broker-dealers, and payment groups to offer digital asset trading and custody, crypto-backed rewards and round-up programs.
Our thesis is very simple: every financial services firm will offer digital assets within the next 2 years and will do so through platforms such as Zero Hash. Zero Hash is defining the new FinTech vertical of digital-assets-as-a-service.
Clients include MoneyLion, Wirex, Deserve, MoonPay, tastytrade. Backed by Point 72 Ventures, NYCA, Bain Capital, tasytrade.
The Zero Hash Culture
All Zero Hash employees are guided by the following characteristics and core principles:
- Independence/Ownership - An ability to work autonomously. Join Zero Hash, pitch ideas, and shape the work you do.
- Passion - We are innovating quickly and challenging the status quo. We want you to think big, be creative and make a difference every day.
- Collaborative - A good attitude and respect for others. We’re teammates, not co-workers. Everything we do is a shared success and equally a shared failure - we talk in terms of “we” not “me”.
- Initiative - An ability and passion for learning and asking questions. We will champion you, challenge you and push you to achieve your best - and we expect you to do the same.
- Empathy - An ability to listen, respect, and understand your co- workers, customers, and everyone you interact with no matter how different they are to you.
- Adaptability - An ability to respond quickly. We are in a fast-paced industry and so we expect you to be creative when solving a new problem and comfortable under pressure.
- Transparency - We believe that transparency is critical to empowering everyone to make the best decisions, both the company to its people and vice versa.
- Integrity - Integrity creates trust. As both an organization collectively and as individuals, it is our most valuable asset.