About the Role
Zero Hash is seeking a Vice President of Legal – Commercial to help shape the legal strategy for the leading cryptocurrency settlement infrastructure. We are seeking a smart, driven individual with experience tackling problems across a variety of legal disciplines, including contract law, IP, financial services regulation, and employment law. We are a high performing team looking for an equally ambitious teammate.
This fully remote role is open to candidates in any AMER timezone.
- Advising business and technology stakeholders in product, engineering, IT, business development, marketing, and other teams on issues related to product development and commercialization, including compliance with laws and regulations on privacy, data security, marketing, consumer protection, risk management, and partner relations.
- Managing various contracts including, user and services agreements, terms of service, licensing agreements, and commercial contracts
- Researching a range of novel legal questions and distilling findings to advise internal stakeholders
- Collaborating with in-house and outside counsel to research complex legal and regulatory issues
- Building relationships with outside counsel, partners, and regulators in furtherance of driving business goals
- J.D. degree, with 4+ years of relevant legal experience at top law firm, government agency, or in-house legal department, preferably within a fast-growing startup
- Admitted and in good standing with a state bar or the District of Columbia, preferably Illinois or eligible to register as in-house counsel in Illinois
- Familiarity with state and federal consumer financial services laws and regulations, including data security and privacy laws
- Strong interest in new and emerging technologies, particularly blockchain and cryptocurrencies
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work across functions and consult with technology development teams
- Strong project-management skills, with attention to detail
- Experience in financial services, particularly with money transmitters and cryptocurrency firms
- Experience developing compliance programs and advising on such
- Experience with data privacy regulations, including GDPR, GLBA, and CPRA
- Arbitration, alternative dispute resolution, and customer complaint resolutions experience
- Experience drafting and managing terms of service
We believe that the best way to succeed is by having a happy, motivated and healthy team. We offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare Insurance: Zero Hash covers roughly 100% of employee premiums as well as a portion of spouse/children
- Vision & Dental Insurance
- Mental Health and Wellness Program
- Equity Ownership and Early Exercise
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Educational budget of $1000
- WFH stipend of $500
- WeWork All Access Membership
- Visa Sponsorship
About Zero Hash
Zero Hash is a B2B embedded infrastructure platform that allows any platform to integrate digital assets natively into their own customer experience quickly and easily (a matter of API endpoints). We power neo-banks, broker-dealers, and payment groups to offer digital asset trading and custody, crypto-backed rewards and round-ups programs as well as yield through staking and DeFi and NFTs. Our thesis is very simple: every financial services firm will offer digital assets within the next 2 years and will do so through platforms such as Zero Hash. Zero Hash is defining the new FinTech vertical of digital-assets-as-a-service. Clients include MoneyLion, Wirex, Deserve, MoonPay, Tastytrade. Backed by Point72 Ventures, NYCA, Bain Capital, Tastytrade.
The Zero Hash Culture
All Zero Hash employees are guided by the following characteristics and core principles:
- Independence/Ownership - An ability to work autonomously. Join Zero Hash, pitch ideas, and shape the work you do.
- Passion - We are innovating quickly and challenging the status quo. We want you to think big, be creative and make a difference every day.
- Collaborative - A good attitude and respect for others. We’re teammates, not co-workers. Everything we do is a shared success and equally a shared failure - we talk in terms of “we” not “me”.
- Initiative - An ability and passion for learning and asking questions. We will champion you, challenge you and push you to achieve your best - and we expect you to do the same.
- Empathy - An ability to listen, respect and understand your co-workers, customers and everyone you interact with no matter how different they are to you. We are proud of our diversity.
- Adaptability - An ability to respond quickly. We are in a fast-paced industry and so we expect you to be creative when solving a new problem and comfortable under pressure.
- Transparency - We believe that transparency is critical to empowering everyone to make the best decisions, both the company to its people and vice versa. Both as an organization and as individuals, we need to admit mistakes and learn from them.
- Integrity - Integrity creates trust. As both an organization collectively and as individuals, it is our most valuable asset.
For candidates based in Colorado, please contact colorado-wages @zerohash.com to request compensation and benefits information regarding a particular role(s). Please include with you email the city you reside (or intend to reside in Colorado) and the title/link to the roles you're interested in.