About the Role
Zero Hash is looking for an experienced and passionate Site Reliability Engineer to join our Platform team.
This fully remote role is open to candidates in any AMER timezone
What you will do
- Take an active role as co-owner of production services to ensure
they are built, maintained, and operated in a reliable and scalable
- Be part of the successful delivery of new features and services, as well as the day-to-day operations of existing services.
with Software Engineering to identify and help drive operational
improvements through metric driven collection and analysis.
- Develop and maintain performance benchmarks for our applications to ensure a consistent customer experience
- Help drive operational efficiencies releasing code and monitoring performance.
traditional SRE/Operational support scopes like tooling and automation,
monitoring, workflow management, maintaining and improving CI/CD, etc.
- Participate in our weekly on-call rotation to investigate and resolve potential system issues.
- Get your hands dirty managing and scaling our various infrastructure systems.
- You have extensive experience deploying, managing and troubleshooting infrastructure in AWS.
have managed the full lifecycle of deploying a container to a
production environment using self-managed kubernetes, ECS, or EKS.
- When the perfect tool wasn’t available you wrote one yourself and taught others how to use it.
- You understand CI/CD and have built custom tooling to deploy code to production environments.
are able to solve problems in distributed Linux systems and are
comfortable tracing requests across applications, systems and networks.
- You love Infrastructure as Code.
- You can automate routine tasks and are proficient in at least two programming languages.
- You have fantastic communication skills in both spoken and written forms to explain complex ideas to various audiences.
- You thrive in an environment where collaboration and communication are paramount but are able to solve problems on your own.
Projects you might work on
- Creating and maintaining application performance benchmarks so we know when our applications are not performing well.
- Improving our CI/CD pipeline to reduce the time it takes from development merge to production deployment
- Continue to improve and scale our AWS and application infrastructure.
- Work closely with software development to help optimize local development workflow.
- Identify common issues and come up with solutions on how to reduce their impact or remove them altogether.
- Help implement a scalable solution for blue/green and canary deployments.
We believe that the best way to succeed is by having a happy, motivated and healthy team. We offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare Insurance: Zero Hash covers roughly 100% of employee premiums as well as a portion of spouse/children
- Vision & Dental Insurance
- Mental Health and Wellness Program
- Equity Ownership and Early Exercise
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Educational budget of $1000
- WFH stipend of $500
- WeWork All Access Membership
- Visa Sponsorship
About Zero Hash
Zero Hash is a B2B embedded infrastructure platform that allows any
platform to integrate digital assets natively into their own customer
experience quickly and easily (a matter of API endpoints). We power
neo-banks, broker-dealers, and payment groups to offer digital asset
trading and custody, crypto-backed rewards and round-ups programs as
well as yield through staking and DeFi and NFTs.
Our thesis is very simple: every financial services firm will offer
digital assets within the next 2 years and will do so through platforms
such as Zero Hash. Zero Hash is defining the new FinTech vertical of
Clients include MoneyLion, Wirex, Deserve, MoonPay, tastytrade,
Drivewealth. Backed by Point72 Ventures, NYCA, Bain Capital,
The Zero Hash Culture
All Zero Hash employees are guided by the following characteristics and core principles:
- Independence/Ownership - An ability to work autonomously. Join Zero Hash, pitch ideas, and shape the work you do.
- Passion - We are innovating quickly and challenging the status
quo. We want you to think big, be creative and make a difference every
- Collaborative - A good attitude and respect for others. We’re
teammates, not co-workers. Everything we do is a shared success and
equally a shared failure - we talk in terms of “we” not “me”.
- Initiative - An ability and passion for learning and asking
questions. We will champion you, challenge you and push you to achieve
your best - and we expect you to do the same.
- Empathy - An ability to listen, respect, and understand your
co-workers, customers, and everyone you interact with no matter how
different they are to you.
- Adaptability - An ability to respond quickly. We are in a
fast-paced industry and so we expect you to be creative when solving a
new problem and comfortable under pressure.
- Transparency - We believe that transparency is critical to
empowering everyone to make the best decisions, both the company to its
people and vice versa.
- Integrity - Integrity creates trust. As both an organization collectively and as individuals, it is our most valuable asset.