About the Role
As the Director of People Operations, reporting to the CEO, you will build and lead Zero Hash’s People Ops team as we scale to support significant organizational growth. You will be in charge of developing our People Partner and operational functions while building out Total Rewards, Performance & Development and Culture & Engagement centers of excellence.
As the Director of People, you are in the heart of Zero Hash’s culture, you will create an outstanding experience for our team members by designing and implementing people programs, systems and processes that scale and drive organizational performance while also having a direct impact on our team's happiness.
To be successful in this role, you must be comfortable thinking creatively and testing out new ideas in a rapidly changing environment. You will be a strategic thinker both inside and out of the People Operations team, working cross-functionally with other teams and thinking through how our People philosophy translates across Zero Hash remote teams and initiatives.
- Define guidelines for what our internal HR department should look like.
- Provide expertise in the following areas at all levels of the organization: Performance Management, Organizational Design, Career Planning, Compensation and Employee Relations.
- Develop data-driven, growth-oriented, and best practices driven proposals for implementing new or updating existing People and Talent tools, policies, processes and programs that will effectively support a rapidly scaling organization.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to embed People strategies, policies and best practices.
- Serve as Zero Hash subject matter expert on all matters related to People and Talent compliance, while partnering with Zero Hash’s Legal and Compliance team to ensure we operate in a way that both mitigates any risks and upholds our values and culture.
- Manage Benefits, Payroll and HRIS systems like Breezy, administer and optimize our benefits programs including perks for education and wellness.
- 7+ years of HR experience including people operations and talent development.
- Experience growing out the HR function of an organization with an eye on both short- and long-term strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to follow through and drive results in a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to see ahead of the curve and anticipate team members' needs.
- Willingness to take initiative and work independently.
- Strong organization and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver tech-driven people programs and processes.
We believe that the best way to succeed is by having a happy, motivated and healthy team. We offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare Insurance: Zero Hash covers roughly 100% of employee premiums
- Mental health and wellness program
- Equity ownership
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
About Zero Hash
Zero Hash is backed by Struck Capital, Bain Capital, TradeStation, Point72 Ventures and Tastyworks. Zero Hash’s mission is to empower innovators by delivering access to the financial system 2.0. Zero Hash enables developers and businesses to focus on building experiences and products. We power your favorite brokerage app or neo bank to offer BTC, provide the rails to the 2.0 payment processors, give platforms the ability to facilitate instantaneous cross border payments and eliminate complexity for moving assets for the world’s largest liquidity providers.
The Zero Hash Culture
All Zero Hash employees are guided by the following characteristics and core principles:
- Independence - an ability to work alone. There is no micromanaging here. Join Seed, pitch ideas, and shape the work you do. You will be given responsibility from day one.
- Vision - an ability to see the broader picture. We are innovating quickly and challenging the status quo. Seeing where we fit in is critical in making it a reality.
- Positivity - a good attitude and respect for others. We’re teammates, not co-workers.
- Ambition - an ability and a passion for learning and getting things done. We will champion you, challenge you, and push you to achieve your best and we expect the same in return.
- Empathy - an ability to understand the customer. We do not build products for industry, but with industry. Learn our markets and speak to our end-users.
- Adaptability - an ability to respond quickly. We are in a fast-paced industry and so we expect you to be creative when solving a new problem and comfortable under pressure.