About the Role
Zero Hash is looking for an experienced Director of Engineering to lead our growing client facing technology teams. You’ll lead cross functional teams of engineers to help us scale the gateway to Finance 2.0. We are a high performing group of engineers and leaders looking for an equally ambitious and driven teammate.
The right candidate for this position is a problem solver, an experienced software professional, an excellent communicator, a leader, and driven.
If you're looking to have a massive impact in a high-growth startup in one of the most exciting markets in decades, you will find this role challenging and rewarding in equal measure.
This fully remote role is open to candidates in any AMER timezone.
- Attract and retain a high-performing engineering team with the highest tier of technical talent
- Collaborate with cross-functional peers such as platform, product, project management, compliance, legal, and finance
- Do effective prioritization between competing priorities
- Coach and mentor tech leads and engineers to grow their career
- Be an advocate and represent your team’s work to leadership and the wider company
- Prior experience managing a team with proven high quality of talent
- Have previous experience working in financial services industry (preferably fintech)
- Strong understanding of Go programming language
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work across different functions and being able to adjust communication according to intended audience
- Deeply technical with an architectural mindset, however you are also able to deep dive into technical details
- Even though your responsibilities will be primarily managerial, you should have strong engineering experience as you must be able to empathize with and understand the needs of your engineers and tech leads.
- Passionate about building a strong engineering culture
- Understanding of a wide array of backend technologies and practices, specifically domain driven design
- Experience with Typescript
- Experience at a banking-as-a-service, brokerage-as a service, payment-as-a-service business
- Experience with digital assets
We believe that the best way to succeed is by having a happy, motivated and healthy team. We offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare Insurance: Zero Hash covers roughly 100% of employee premiums
- Mental health and wellness program
- Equity ownership
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- Visa sponsorship
About Zero Hash
Zero Hash is backed by Point72, Bain Capital Ventures, NYCA, TradeStation and tastyworks. Zero Hash’s mission is to empower innovators by delivering access to the financial system 2.0. Zero Hash enables developers and businesses to focus on building experiences and products. We power your favorite brokerage app or neo bank to offer BTC, provide the rails to the 2.0 payment processors, give platforms the ability to facilitate instantaneous cross border payments and eliminate complexity for moving assets for the world’s largest liquidity providers.
The Zero Hash Culture
All Zero Hash employees are guided by the following characteristics and core principles:
- Independence/Ownership - An ability to work autonomously. Join Zero Hash, pitch ideas, and shape the work you do.
- Passion - We are innovating quickly and challenging the status quo. We want you to think big, be creative and make a difference every day.
- Collaborative - A good attitude and respect for others. We’re teammates, not co-workers. Everything we do is a shared success and equally a shared failure - we talk in terms of “we” not “me”.
- Initiative - An ability and passion for learning and asking questions. We will champion you, challenge you and push you to achieve your best - and we expect you to do the same.
- Empathy - An ability to listen, respect, and understand your co-workers, customers, and everyone you interact with no matter how different they are to you.
- Adaptability - An ability to respond quickly. We are in a fast-paced industry and so we expect you to be creative when solving a new problem and comfortable under pressure.
- Transparency - We believe that transparency is critical to empowering everyone to make the best decisions, both the company to its people and vice versa.
- Integrity - Integrity creates trust. As both an organization collectively and as individuals, it is our most valuable asset.
For candidates based in Colorado, please contact colorado-wages @zerohash.com to request compensation and benefits information regarding a particular role(s). Please include with you email the city you reside (or intend to reside in Colorado) and the title/link to the roles you're interested in.