About the Role
As the Billing Manager, reporting to the Vice President of Finance, you will be responsible for all aspects of billing. This role is part of the Finance team and collaborates with Business Development and Client Services. You will be able to operate independently in a fast-paced environment and work closely and proactively with other teams..
- Responsible for ensuring billing is in accordance with contract terms.
- Work closely with business development to understand and document fee calculations.
- Work closely with the data team to build fee calculations in accordance with the contract terms.
- Supervise monthly preparation and sending of invoices.
- Handle questions from internal and external sources on contract terms and billing questions.
- Coordinate with relevant departments to facilitate accurate timely and complete resolutions on outstanding matters impacting invoicing and revenue.
- Work with the accounting team to track contract liabilities and revenue recognition.
- Manage, coach and mentor teammates involved in billing.
- Work closely with Client Services and Business Development to collect customer payments in a timely manner.
- Review recording of customer payments for accuracy and timeliness.
Requirements (Skills and Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting
- Minimum of five years related experience
- Experience in SaaS billing required
- Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software
- Experience documenting policies
- Ability to understand complex billing arrangements
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with customers, colleagues and management
- Experience in managing and developing teammates
- Experience in Fintech (preferred)
- Experience in high growth organization (preferred)
- Experience working with data and queries (preferred)
We believe that the best way to succeed is by having a happy, motivated and healthy team. We offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare Insurance: Zero Hash covers roughly 100% of employee premiums as well as a portion of spouse/children
- Vision & Dental Insurance
- Mental Health and Wellness Program
- Equity Ownership and Early Exercise
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Educational budget of $1000
- WFH stipend of $500
- WeWork All Access Membership
- Visa Sponsorship
About Zero Hash
Zero Hash is a B2B embedded infrastructure platform that allows any platform to integrate digital assets natively into their own customer experience quickly and easily (a matter of API endpoints). We power neo-banks, broker-dealers, and payment groups to offer digital asset trading and custody, crypto-backed rewards and round-ups programs as well as yield through staking and DeFi and NFTs.
Our thesis is very simple: every financial services firm will offer digital assets within the next 2 years and will do so through platforms such as Zero Hash. Zero Hash is defining the new FinTech vertical of digital-assets-as-a-service.
Clients include MoneyLion, Wirex, Deserve, MoonPay, tastytrade, Drivewealth. Backed by Point72 Ventures, NYCA, Bain Capital, tastytrade.
The Zero Hash Culture
All Zero Hash employees are guided by the following characteristics and core principles:
- Independence/Ownership - An ability to work autonomously. Join Zero Hash, pitch ideas, and shape the work you do.
- Passion - We are innovating quickly and challenging the status quo. We want you to think big, be creative and make a difference every day.
- Collaborative - A good attitude and respect for others. We’re teammates, not co-workers. Everything we do is a shared success and equally a shared failure - we talk in terms of “we” not “me”.
- Initiative - An ability and passion for learning and asking questions. We will champion you, challenge you and push you to achieve your best - and we expect you to do the same.
- Empathy - An ability to listen, respect and understand your co-workers, customers and everyone you interact with no matter how different they are to you. We are proud of our diversity.
- Adaptability - An ability to respond quickly. We are in a fast-paced industry and so we expect you to be creative when solving a new problem and comfortable under pressure.
- Transparency - We believe that transparency is critical to empowering everyone to make the best decisions, both the company and its people and vice versa. Both as an organization and as individuals, we need to admit mistakes and learn from them.
- Integrity - Integrity creates trust. As both an organization collectively and as individuals, it is our most valuable asset.