About the Role:
Zero Hash is a trailblazing company that facilitates the storage of digital assets, on and off-chain settlement, and verifiable proof of assets for transactions. We are looking for an experienced assistant general counsel to help ensure the company complies with the evolving crypto regulatory framework in the UK and EMEA, as well as assist with core regulatory compliance issues for our global entities including with regards to data privacy. Day to day duties will range from regulatory compliance related matters to preparing Zero Hash for the go-live of new regulatory regimes to strategic advice to our business.
If you enjoy working in an innovative fast-paced environment where you can contribute every day, then we would love to hear from you!
Candidates must currently be barred and located in the UK and/or the Netherlands.
- Advising business and technology stakeholders in product, engineering, IT, business development, marketing, and compliance on issues related to compliance with laws and regulations in the UK and EU regarding crypto regulation and privacy.
- Build and manage relationships with regulatory authorities, respond to regulatory requests and examinations, and manage regulatory obligations
- Ensure that company policies are in compliance with applicable privacy laws and codes of practice, such as GDPR and UK GDPR.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for regulators and public authorities within the EU and UK organizations for all data privacy and protection issues.
- Provide creative, practical legal advice to business partners on a wide range of matters on very short timelines, including: business development, corporate development, venture investments, financing, protocol development, and new product enablement
- Draft, review, and negotiate legal documents such as contracts, statements, agreements, policies, etc. and manage outside counsel
- Interface with external parties to represent and develop a regulatory position
- General corporate governance, including matters pertaining to regulated and non-regulated EU/UK and international entity governance such as regulatory filings and licensing
- Be an outstanding collaborator with colleagues in legal, finance, accounting, corporate development, product, operations, compliance, tax, equity, compensation, and other areas.
- Performing other ad-hoc corporate legal related duties in alignment with strategic business plans
- 5+ years of legal experience, preferably with in-house experience at a high-growth fintech company, Knowledge of the financial services industry, including securities and commodities trading systems
- Passion for crypto, blockchain technologies, DeFi, DAOs, and/or NFTs
- Law degree from accredited UK or EU university and licensed to practice in the UK or EU
- Experience working in private practice, in-house, or at a government/regulatory agency, with exposure to financial regulatory matters, technology, media, telecommunications, privacy, and preferably Web3.0 related matters
- Self-motivated, team player with the ability to be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented with a keen awareness of legal issues in regulatory and corporate matters
- UK qualification preferred
- Experience with current EU financial regulation, such as MiFID or FSMA
- Experience in a fast-paced technical environment
- Familiarity with UK or EU regulatory bodies such as the FCA or EU-country equivalent
- Experience with GDPR and its associated regulatory bodies is highly preferred.
- Experience in Netherlands, Poland, or Lithuania preferred
We believe that the best way to succeed is by having a happy, motivated and healthy team. We offer the following benefits:
- Chance to earn equity
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- WeWork Membership
- WFH Yearly Stipend
- L&D Stipend (after 6 months)
About Zero Hash:
Zero Hash is a B2B embedded infrastructure platform that allows any platform to integrate digital assets natively into their own customer experience quickly and easily (a matter of API endpoints). We power neo-banks, broker-dealers, and payment groups to offer digital asset trading and custody, crypto-backed rewards and round-ups programs as well as yield through staking and DeFi and NFTs.
Our thesis is very simple: every financial services firm will offer digital assets within the next 2 years and will do so through platforms such as Zero Hash. Zero Hash is defining the new FinTech vertical of digital-assets-as-a-service.
Clients include MoneyLion, Wirex, Deserve, MoonPay, tastytrade. Backed by Point 72 Ventures, NYCA, Bain Capital, tasytrade.
The Zero Hash Culture
All Zero Hash employees are guided by the following characteristics and core principles:
- Independence/Ownership - An ability to work autonomously. Join Zero Hash, pitch ideas, and shape the work you do.
- Passion - We are innovating quickly and challenging the status quo. We want you to think big, be creative and make a difference every day.
- Collaborative - A good attitude and respect for others. We’re teammates, not co-workers. Everything we do is a shared success and equally a shared failure - we talk in terms of
- “we” not “me”.
- Initiative - An ability and passion for learning and asking questions. We will champion you, challenge you and push you to achieve your best - and we expect you to do the same.
- Empathy - An ability to listen, respect, and understand your co- workers, customers, and everyone you interact with no matter how different they are to you.
- Adaptability - An ability to respond quickly. We are in a fast-paced industry and so we expect you to be creative when solving a new problem and comfortable under pressure.
- Transparency - We believe that transparency is critical to empowering everyone to make the best decisions, both the company to its people and vice versa.
- Integrity - Integrity creates trust. As both an organization collectively and as individuals, it is our most valuable asset.