Regulatory Licensing, Response and Examination Manager
Zero Hash is a Trailblazing company that facilitates the storage of digital assets, on and off-chain settlement, and verifiable proof of assets for transactions. Zero Hash is a FinCEN-registered Money Service Business as well as a regulated Money Transmitter that can operate in more than 45 states. Zero Hash also holds a virtual currency license from NYDFS.
About the Job:
The position entails managing Zero Hash’s and its affiliates state licenses and liaising with all relevant regulators. Additionally, this person will lead all regulatory examinations and communications. The other core responsibilities of the role include the following:
- Ensuring all required quarterly and annual reports are completed timely and accurately
- Leading any new licensing efforts
- Core knowledge of state money transmission laws
- Communicating compliance and business practices with state examiners
- Driving any remediation efforts and making recommendations to leadership following examination exit reports
- Partner with the client facing teams to collect required legal documents and associated information to meet all regulatory and internal polices
- Support front office with onboarding new clients as well as periodic reviews of existing clients
- Development and enhancement of the internal reporting necessary for all licensing responsibilities
- Ensuring full adherence to the Zero Hash procedures and operating manuals
- Assisting with periodic review and updating of the policies, procedures and operating manuals
- Keeping abreast of regulatory changes, industry best practices, and recommend changes to enhance procedures
- Developing positive and professional working relationship with other teams
- Performing adhoc tasks as assigned
- Drafting clean and clear responses to regulatory inquiries
- The ease to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic environment and be able to meet strict deliverable deadlines
- The ability to be a proactive learner and eager to advance professional skills
- Strong project management and execution skills.
We are looking for an applicant who possess 4 Year Bachelor's Degree with strong academic credentials. and 5+ years of Financial Services experience. Successful candidates will show an ability to take ownership over projects and teams and a high aptitude for problem solving.
- Proven people management/leadership experience
- Previous experience fulfilling regulatory examination and audit requests
- Former state or federal regulator experience highly preferred
- Proven knowledge of the operation and/or control environment at financial institutions strongly preferred.
- Experience with state or federal regulators in the financial services sector is required
- Experience with MSB’s, especially money transmitters
- 2+ experience in AML/ KYC is required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Hardworking and driven
- Strong time management skills and ability to execute tasks within tight deadlines
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues across regions and business units
- Ability to multi-task effectively maintain attention detail
- Crypto experience a plus
- MBA/JD is a plus
- Proficiency in Excel, including pivot tables and Vlookups, preferred
We believe that the best way to succeed is by having a happy, motivated and healthy team. We offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare Insurance: Zero Hash covers roughly 100% of employee premiums
- Mental health and wellness program
- Chance to earn equity
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- Visa sponsorship
About Zero Hash:
Zero Hash is backed by Struck Capital, Bain Capital, TradeStation and tastyworks. Zero Hash’s mission is to empower innovators by delivering access to the financial system 2.0. Zero Hash enables developers and businesses to focus on building experiences and products. We power your favorite brokerage app or neo bank to offer BTC, provide the rails to the 2.0 payment processors, give platforms the ability to facilitate instantaneous cross border payments and eliminate complexity for moving assets for the world’s largest liquidity providers.
The Zero Hash Culture
All Zero Hash employees are guided by the following characteristics and core principles:
- Independence - an ability to work alone. There is no micromanaging here. Join Seed, pitch ideas and shape the work you do. You will be given responsibility from day one.
- Vision - an ability to see the broader picture. We are innovating quickly and challenging the status quo. Seeing where we fit in is critical in making it a reality.
- Positivity - a good attitude and respect for others. We’re teammates, not co-workers.
- Ambition - an ability and a passion for learning and getting things done. We will champion you, challenge you, and push you to achieve your best – and we expect the same in return.
- Empathy - an ability to understand the customer. We do not build products for industry, but with industry. Learn our markets and speak to our end-users.
- Adaptability - an ability to respond quickly. We are in a fast-paced industry and so we expect you to be creative when solving a new problem and comfortable under pressure.