About the Role:
ZeroHash is hiring a Principal Software Engineer for its Blockchain, Crypto and Digital Currency (BCDC) organization to expand its security practice. We seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain. If you are into blockchain security and product design this could be the perfect job for you!
We are looking to expand our core security team by hiring a Principal Software Engineer who shares our passion for information security and decentralized systems, and our insatiable curiosity of how things work (and break). The ideal candidate would be a seasoned custody professional and Blockchain enthusiast with experience in Blockchain and wallet security who is looking to help secure software at the core of leading projects in the blockchain ecosystem.
- Provide security and functional guidance on new blockchain products and technologies.
- Define Processes and support product development around warm and cold storage
- Lead security and vulnerability research on crypto wallet systems and solutions.
- Take a supporting and collaborative role in driving internal blockchain security and privacy initiatives.
- Interact with the line of business and Zerohash cyber leadership community regarding blockchain vulnerabilities and threats.
- Interact with external Stakeholders to include regulators and Insurance providers to support growth.
- Validate state-of-the-art algorithms and protocols across a broad range of architectures, including considerations to side-channel attacks, performance, and memory/code size constraints.
- You will become the primary custody security expert for multiple product lines, and act as the point of contact for blockchain product security.
- Currently, be working on blockchain related work.
- Expertise with crypto custodial solutions, warm and cold-storage, multi-signature wallets, key management, and operational controls around wallets.
- Experience with customers and regulators to help navigate the development and scaling of services.
- Ability to document workflows and work with risk management, operational, and audit teams.
- Be familiar with common blockchain development frameworks, experience in static code analysis, reverse engineering experience is a plus.
- Ability to be the in-house wallet expert and develop the roadmap and coordinate crypto custody solutions that meet and exceed ZeroHash Policies and best practices.
- Extensive experience (usually 10+ years) with design and implementation of both complex distributed systems and cloud based digital asset custody systems.
- Expertise in blockchain related elliptic-curve cryptography and hash functions along with their use cases such as address derivation, HD wallet key derivation, message signing, message verification, and transaction construction.
- Capable of advising senior executives and helping guide the technical direction of custody for the organization.
- Expertise in emerging crypto custody techniques such as secure multi-party computation, zero knowledge proofs, and multi-sig.
We believe that the best way to succeed is by having a happy, motivated and healthy team. We offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare Insurance: Zero Hash covers roughly 100% of employee premiums as well as a portion of spouse/children
- Vision & Dental Insurance
- Mental Health and Wellness Program
- Equity Ownership and Early Exercise
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Educational budget of $1000
- WFH stipend of $500
- WeWork All Access Membership
- Visa Sponsorship
About Zero Hash:
Zero Hash is a B2B embedded infrastructure platform that allows any platform to integrate digital assets natively into their own customer experience quickly and easily (a matter of API endpoints). We power neo-banks, broker-dealers, and payment groups to offer digital asset trading and custody, crypto-backed rewards and round-ups programs as well as yield through staking and DeFi and NFTs.
Our thesis is very simple: every financial services firm will offer digital assets within the next 2 years and will do so through platforms such as Zero Hash. Zero Hash is defining the new FinTech vertical of digital-assets-as-a-service.
Clients include MoneyLion, Wirex, Deserve, MoonPay, tastytrade, Drivewealth. Backed by Point72 Ventures, NYCA, Bain Capital, tastytrade.
The Zero Hash Culture
All Zero Hash employees are guided by the following characteristics and core principles:
- Independence/Ownership - An ability to work autonomously. Join Zero Hash, pitch ideas, and shape the work you do.
- Passion - We are innovating quickly and challenging the status quo. We want you to think big, be creative and make a difference every day.
- Collaborative - A good attitude and respect for others. We’re teammates, not co-workers. Everything we do is a shared success and equally a shared failure - we talk in terms of “we” not “me”.
- Initiative - An ability and passion for learning and asking questions. We will champion you, challenge you and push you to achieve your best - and we expect you to do the same.
- Empathy - An ability to listen, respect, and understand your co-workers, customers, and everyone you interact with no matter how different they are to you.
- Adaptability - An ability to respond quickly. We are in a fast-paced industry and so we expect you to be creative when solving a new problem and comfortable under pressure.
- Transparency - We believe that transparency is critical to empowering everyone to make the best decisions, both the company to its people and vice versa.
- Integrity - Integrity creates trust. As both an organization collectively and as individuals, it is our most valuable asset.
For candidates based in Colorado, please contact colorado-wages @zerohash.com to request compensation and benefits information regarding a particular role(s). Please include with you email the city you reside (or intend to reside in Colorado) and the title/link to the roles you're interested in.