About the Role
As the Trade Surveillance Manager, you will partner with teams across Zero Hash to drive the effort to monitor transaction activity across Zero Hash’s platform. The Trade Surveillance Manager will develop, design and implement a trade surveillance program for Zero Hash. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker, a great communicator, and has the ability to work well independently in a rapidly changing environment. This is currently an individual contributor role but has the potential to grow into a people manager role. It has high visibility to the Chief Legal Officer, Chief Compliance Officer, and other members of executive management.
This fully remote role is open to candidates in any AMER timezone.
- Create and implement policies, procedures, risk assessments, and other foundations needed for an effective trade surveillance program.
- Work cross-functionally with multiple departments, with an emphasis on working with the financial crimes team.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of surveillance and product rules, back-office protocols, as well as surveillance and investigative techniques.
- Exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Monitor market participation, deliveries, news and economic performance of assigned products and cryptocurrency markets.
- Analyze risk across markets using surveillance application to safeguard the firm against reputational and/or financial risk.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the fundamental factors that influence their assigned contracts and platform participants.
- Independently lead and drive projects from a surveillance perspective.
- Prepare periodic reports that are reviewed by management and teams company wide.
- Ensure that surveillance reviews are being performed properly from a qualitative and timeliness perspective.
- Identify, facilitate, and implement process improvement ideas to improve efficiency.
- Support Legal, Compliance, Operations, IT, and Finance in meeting their regulatory obligations.
- Create and oversee a Central Limit Order Book (CLOB)
- 5+ years of comparable work history including experience with Professional Services (Consulting), capital markets, fintech, broker-dealer.
- A bachelor’s degree in business, economics, or other similar field, or comparable work experience.
- Former FINRA experience preferred.
- Grasp of FATF and AML regulatory requirements.
- Understand and former experience with various financial products such as Cryptocurrency, Equities, Equity Derivatives, FX, Fixed Income and Forex.
- Great writer and communicator, self-starter, and ability to build and maintain relationships with the business.
- Critical thinking skills, able to analyze scenarios and communicate the results effectively.
- Familiarity and experience with Eventus Trade Surveillance tools and other automated monitoring solutions.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Jira, SQL, Quicksight, Grafana, and Lucid a plus.
- Healthcare Insurance: Zero Hash covers roughly 100% of employee premiums as well as a portion of spouse/children
- Vision & Dental Insurance
- Mental Health and Wellness Program
- Equity Ownership and Early Exercise
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Educational budget of $1000
- WFH stipend of $500
- WeWork All Access Membership
- Visa Sponsorship
About Zero Hash
Zero Hash is a B2B embedded infrastructure platform that allows any platform to integrate digital assets natively into their own customer experience quickly and easily (a matter of API endpoints). We power neo-banks, broker-dealers, and payment groups to offer digital asset trading and custody, crypto-backed rewards and round-ups programs as well as yield through staking and DeFi and NFTs. Our thesis is very simple: every financial services firm will offer digital assets within the next 2 years and will do so through platforms such as Zero Hash. Zero Hash is defining the new FinTech vertical of digital-assets-as-a-service.
Clients include MoneyLion, Wirex, Deserve, MoonPay, tastytrade. Backed by Point72 Ventures, NYCA, Bain Capital, tastytrade.
The Zero Hash Culture
All Zero Hash employees are guided by the following characteristics and core principles:
- Independence/Ownership - An ability to work autonomously. Join Zero Hash, pitch ideas, and shape the work you do.
- Passion - We are innovating quickly and challenging the status quo. We want you to think big, be creative and make a difference every day.
- Collaborative - A good attitude and respect for others. We’re teammates, not co-workers. Everything we do is a shared success and equally a shared failure - we talk in terms of “we” not “me”.
- Initiative - An ability and passion for learning and asking questions. We will champion you, challenge you and push you to achieve your best - and we expect you to do the same.
- Empathy - An ability to listen, respect, and understand your co-workers, customers, and everyone you interact with no matter how different they are to you.
- Adaptability - An ability to respond quickly. We are in a fast-paced industry and so we expect you to be creative when solving a new problem and comfortable under pressure.
- Transparency - We believe that transparency is critical to empowering everyone to make the best decisions, both the company to its people and vice versa.
- Integrity - Integrity creates trust. As both an organization collectively and as individuals, it is our most valuable asset.
For candidates based in Colorado, please contact colorado-wages @zerohash.com to request compensation and benefits information regarding a particular role(s). Please include with you email the city you reside (or intend to reside in Colorado) and the title/link to the roles you're interested in.