AML Third Party Vendor Oversight Associate
Zero Hash is a Trailblazing company that facilitates the storage of digital assets, on and off-chain settlement, and verifiable proof of assets for transactions. Zero Hash is a FinCEN-registered Money Service Business as well as a regulated Money Transmitter that can operate in more than 45 states. Zero Hash also holds a virtual currency license from NYDFS.
About the Job:
Zero Hash is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Vendor Oversight Associate who will onboard and track third-party relationships and vendors.
- Conduct onboarding BSA/AML/OFAC due diligence reviews of potential third-party partners
- Review and enhance BSA/AML/OFAC policies, procedures, and practices to ensure third-party partners are complying with applicable laws and regulations
- Perform annual BSA/AML/OFAC risk assessments
- Collaborate with third-party partners compliance teams to ensure ongoing compliance
- Develop and create BSA/AML/OFAC trending analytics, key performance indicators, key risk indicators, and other metrics to measure and assess the partners’ compliance risks
- Be point of contact to third-party partners
- Modify and develop external and internal forms, as needed
- Conduct regulatory research and assist/support partners on the implementation of new and amended laws and regulations and guidance
- Support front office with onboarding new clients as well as periodic reviews of existing clients
- Coordinate vendor agreements, onboarding, and off-boarding of vendors
- Track third-party audit schedules and adhere to audit deadlines
- Keeping abreast of regulatory changes, industry best practices, and recommend changes to enhance procedures
- Developing positive and professional working relationship with other teams
- Performing adhoc tasks as assigned
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent relevant experience.
- CAMS certification preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years in banking, with knowledge of laws applicable to money laundering, to include the BSA, The Patriot Act, U.S. Treasury AML guidelines, OFAC requirements and Suspicious Activity Reporting requirements.
- Strong communication, and collaboration skills, including the ability to work effectively with others at all levels across the firm.
- Strong analytical, research, and problem-solving skills are a must.
- Ability to quickly assimilate information relating to complex issues, maintain poise, diplomacy, and the ability to use discretion when making decisions, and exercise good judgment.
- Effectively provide solutions and direction, multi-task, work independently and deliver results in a timely manner.
- Highly motivated, results oriented individual who can work in a time sensitive environment.
We believe that the best way to succeed is by having a happy, motivated and healthy team. We offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare Insurance: Zero Hash covers roughly 100% of employee premiums
- Mental health and wellness program
- Chance to earn equity
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- Visa sponsorship
About Zero Hash:
Zero Hash is backed by Struck Capital, Bain Capital, TradeStation and tastyworks. Zero Hash’s mission is to empower innovators by delivering access to the financial system 2.0. Zero Hash enables developers and businesses to focus on building experiences and products. We power your favorite brokerage app or neo bank to offer BTC, provide the rails to the 2.0 payment processors, give platforms the ability to facilitate instantaneous cross border payments and eliminate complexity for moving assets for the world’s largest liquidity providers.
The Zero Hash Culture
All Zero Hash employees are guided by the following characteristics and core principles:
- Independence - an ability to work alone. There is no micromanaging here. Join Seed, pitch ideas and shape the work you do. You will be given responsibility from day one.
- Vision - an ability to see the broader picture. We are innovating quickly and challenging the status quo. Seeing where we fit in is critical in making it a reality.
- Positivity - a good attitude and respect for others. We’re teammates, not co-workers.
- Ambition - an ability and a passion for learning and getting things done. We will champion you, challenge you, and push you to achieve your best – and we expect the same in return.
- Empathy - an ability to understand the customer. We do not build products for industry, but with industry. Learn our markets and speak to our end-users.
- Adaptability - an ability to respond quickly. We are in a fast-paced industry and so we expect you to be creative when solving a new problem and comfortable under pressure.